The Use of Open Educational Resources in the Online Tutorial of the BIPA Program at Universitas Terbuka
Keywords:OER, online tutorial, BIPA Program
Open Educational Resources (OER) has been intensively recommended by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as open learning resources to be used by both educators and students to support the studentsâ€™ learning process. Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA) is a fully-online language program offered by Universitas Terbuka (UT) to non-native speakers who intend to learn the Indonesian language or Bahasa Indonesia. Since this program applies online language learning, the tutors must provide learning materials and activities that are accessible and effective to assist the participants in their learning process, especially in improving their language skills. It is the responsibility of the tutors to be creative and innovative. Thus, the use of OER is one alternative taken by the tutors with the expectation of helping the participants gain meaningful learning experiences. In this article, the writers intend to 1) review the theories or best practices of OER , 2) describe the current online tutorial of the BIPA Program, and 3) analyze the implementation of using OER in the online tutorial of the BIPA Program. From the analysis, it is visible that the use of OER highly supports the online tutorial of the BIPA program, particularly in helping the participants learning Bahasa Indonesia more effectively.
Kanwar, A. And Uvalic-Trumbic, S. (2011). A basic guide to Open Educational Resources (OER). Retrieved on July 24, 2012 from http://www.pustaka.ut.ac.id/pdfebook/eb074.pdf
UNESCO. (2012). Communication and Information. Retrieved on July 28, 2012 from http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/access-to-knowledge/open-educational-resources/
UT. (2011). Rencana Strategis 2010-2021: Rencana Operasional 2010-2013Universitas Terbuka [Strategic Plan 2010-2021: Operational Plan 2010-2013 Universitas Terbuka]. Retrieved on July 28, 2012 from http://www.ut.ac.id/tentang-ut/renstra-ut/finish/9/18.html
UT. (2012). Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA). Retrieved on July 30, 2012 from http://bipa.ut.ac.id/
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.