Student Motivation in Technology Application-based Online Tutorials in Educational Statistics Course
Keywords:Motivation, Online Tutorial, Technology Application, Educational Statistics
This research was conducted due to the lower of studentâ€™s learning performance on Educational Statistics course. Technology application based online tutorials was become a solution for the matter, because through this tutorial,Â student could correspond the subject with their daily lives, so thatÂ student motivation for learning the subject material could be increasing. A high motivation was indicated by the increasing ofÂ Â student learning performance. This research purposed to know how studentâ€™s motivation in participating Technology Application Based Online Tutorials on Educational Statistics course along with how the motivationâ€™s influence to student learning performance after had participated the tutorial.Â The research subjects were 36Â student who participated on online tutorial of Educational Statistics course in the period of online tutorial 2012. 1. The Researcher provided the online questionnaire to know theÂ Â studentâ€™s motivation.Â Data Analysis of studentâ€™s Motivation was conducted in qualitative descriptive. While for knowing the motivationâ€™s influence to learning performance, researcher performed the regression analysis.Â The research output showed that after had participated within this tutorial,Â Â studentâ€™s motivation in learning the courseÂ was increasing.Â Â In addition to that, on this research was looked that motivation had affected the learning motivation which amounting to 88,7% by the following regression equation y=-116.506+1.769 x.
Ames, C, â€œClassrooms: Goals, structures, and student motivationâ€, Journal of Educational Psychology. Vol 84, pp 261-271, 1992.
Brown, S, Campus Re-engineering-Innovation in Open& Distance Learning: Successful development of online and web-based learning. London: Kogan Page Limited, 1992.
Carnoto, Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Matematika dengan Metoda Problem Solving Berbasis Aplikasi Teknologi pada Materi Tranformasi Geometri Dikemas dalam CD Interaktif Kelas XII. Tesis Universitas Negeri Semarang, 2009
Clark, R, E-Learning and the science of instruction: Proven Guidelines for Costumer and designer of multiedia learning. San Fransisco: John Wiley and Sons. Inc, 2008.
Cocea , M, Motivation Include or Excluded from E-Learning . available at
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.75.520 [accessed 27/11/2010]
Cobern, W, â€œConstructivism and Non-Western Science Education Researchâ€. International Journal of Science Education, vol 4, no. 3, pp287-302, 1996.
Darmayanti, T. â€œE-learning pada Pendidikan Tinggi Jarak Jauh : Konsep yang mengubah metode pembelajaran di Perguruan Tinggi di Indonesiaâ€. Jurnal Pendidikan Terbuka dan Jarak Jauh, vol. 8, no. 2, pp 99-113, 2007.
Hanafi. â€œThe Applications of E-learning in Tutorial Processâ€. Jurnal Pendidikan Terbuka dan Jarak Jauh, vol. 9, no.1, pp 24-30, 2008.
Hardjo, S dan Badjuri, â€œPengaruh motivasi berprestasi dan cara belajar terhadap prestasi belajar siswa sekolah dasar di Kabupaten Semarangâ€. Jurnal Pendidikan, Vol. 1, no 2, pp134-143, 2007.
Herryhyanto, Statistika Dasar. Jakarta : Universitas Terbuka, 2007.
Keller, J, How to integrate learner motivation planning into lesson planning: The ARCS model approach. Paper presented at VII Semanario, Santiago, Cuba, 2007.
Libman, Z, â€œIntegrating Real-Life Data Analysis in Teaching Descriptive Statistics: A Constructivist Approachâ€. Journal of Statistics Education. vol.18, no.1 , pp 1-25, 2010.
Noviyanti, M, Laporan Penelitian Kesiapan Tutor Universitas terbuka dalam memanfaatkan Fasilitas Tutorial Online. Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka, .2006.
Pribadi, B.A, Model Desain Sistem Pembelajaran. Jakarta: Dian Rakyat, 2009.
Suparno, P, Teori Perkembangan Kognitif Jean Piaget. Yogyakarta: Kanisius, . 2001.
Susanti, â€œPengaruh faktor Internal Mahasiswa terhadap Partisipasi Mahasiswa dalam Tutorial Onlineâ€ . Jurnal Pendidikan Terbuka dan Jarak Jauh, vol.8, no. 1, pp 68 â€“ 82, 2007.
Sukestiyarno, Model Pengembangan Pembelajaran Matematika Berorientasi Analisis Kebutuhan Berbasis Aplikasi Teknologi Dikemas dalam CD Interaktif di Sekolah Dasar hingga lanjutan. 2008
Smith, R. Motivational Factors in E-Learning, 2008, Avaliable at http://www.discreate.org/ruthcsmith/GWU%20Papers/Motivation.pdf [accessed 13/12/2010]
Sfenrianto, Model Adaptive R-Learning System (AES) Berbasis Motivasi Mahasiswa, 2009 available at www.cs.ui.ac.id/download/71 [accessed 13/02/2011]
Suherman, E, Strategi Pembelajaran Matematika Kontemporer. Bandung: JICA, 2003.
Tella, A. â€œThe Impact of Motivation on Studentâ€™s Academic Achievement and Learning Outcomes in Mathematics among Secondary School Students in Nigeriaâ€. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, vol. 3, no.2, pp149-156, 2007.
Okkonta, O, â€œEffect of Online Interaction Via Computer Mediated Communication (CMC) Tools on an e-Mathematics Learningâ€. A Dissertation Presented in Partial Fulfillment Of the Requirements for the Degree Doctor of Philosoph
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.