Integrating Climate Change and Environmental Education based on Themes into Biology Teaching and Learning in Vietnamese Secondary Schools
Keywords:Integrated, environment, education, climate, biology
The implementation of Climate Change and Environmental Education (CCEE) each subject has been limited in education system of Vietnam. If CCEE separately in each Â subjects, it cannot reflect the â€œoverall pictureâ€, â€œsystematicâ€ and â€œextensivenessâ€ of the environment and environmental issues. Hence, it is necessary to develop a system of integrated CCEE themes, including various disciplinesâ€™ contributions. Individual subjects are expected to play indispensable roles in the process of CCEE. Researching the theory and practice of the integrated pedagogical approach in order to compile a guide to integrate the CCEE based themes for biology teachers in secondary schools to achieve dual objectives, that are impoving the quality of teaching and learning biology and integrating the CCEE effectively.
Duong Tien Sy, Environment education through learning and teaching Ecology grade 11 in secondary schools. Thesis of Doctor, 1999
Duong Tien Sy, Integrated teaching of sciences to improve the quality of education and training, The Journal of Education, no.9, pp.27-29, 2001
Duong Tien Sy, The methods and principles of the integration of subjects in order to improve the quality of education and training, The Journal of Education, no.26, pp.21, 2002
Joseph F. C. DiMento and Pamela Doughman, Climate Change - What It Means for Us, Our Children, and Our Grandchildren. The MIT Press Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England, 2007
Nguyen Minh Phuong, Cao Thi Thang, The trend of integrating subjects in secondary schools, The Journal of Education, Vol.22, pp.12, 2002
The Ministry of Education and Training, The project on â€œIncluding the content related to Climate Change Response in the curriculum in the period from 2011 to 2015, 2013
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Climate change and sea level rise scenarios for Vietnam, 2009
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, National Target Program to respond to Climate Change, 2008
The National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Resolution No. 40/2000 / QH10 dated 12/03/2000 on the renewal of general educational curriculum
Truong Quang Ngoc, Nguyen Duc Ngu, Some things to know about Climate Change, Science and Technology Publishing House, 2009
UNEP/IUC, United nations framework convention on climate change, 2008
UNESCO Bangkok , Asian and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, Education Sector Responses to Climate Change, 2012
UNESCO, Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014)
Union of Concerned Scientist, Confronting Climate Change in the Gulf Coast Region: Curriculum Guide for High School Courses in Biology, Geography, General Science, Earth Science and other course focusing on the society â€“ enviroment interface, 2002
VVOB, Environmental Training materials Basics: Topic 1. Climate change, 2011
Wynne Harlen, Principles and big ideas of science education. Available on the ASE website www.ase.org.uk and linked websites ISBN 978 0 86357 4 313, 2010
Xavier Roegiers, Integrated pedagogy or how to develop the capacities in schools. Translators: Dao Trong Quang, Nguyen Ngoc Nhi. Education Publishing House, 1996
Ð.Ð¯.Ð”Ð°Ð½Ð¹Ð»ÑŽÐº, Ð¢ÐµÐ¾Ñ€Ð¸Ñ Ð¸Ð½Ñ‚ÐµÐ³Ñ€Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ð¸ Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ, Ð˜Ð·Ð´Ð°Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑŒÑÑ‚Ð²Ð¾ Ð Ð“ÐŸÐ£.344082. Ð³. Ð Ð¾ÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð²-Ð½Ð°-Ð”Ð¾Ð½Ñƒ. Ð£Ð». Ð‘. Ð¡Ð°Ð´Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ, 2000
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.