PSP3 Program and its Impact in Poverty Alleviation (Using Case Study Approach in Bangsal Village, Mojokerto District)
Keywords:Empowerment, Sarjana Penggerak Pembangunan di Pedesaan (PSP3) Program, Poverty, Giddens Structuration
Poverty is a social problem faced by Indonesian people until today. This could be seen from high level poverty in Indonesia which was fluctuating from year to year. One of government program to alleviate poverty was Pemuda Sarjana Penggerak Pembangunan di Pedesaan (PSP3) program. It was a program from Youth and Sport Agency of East Java Province to improve empowerment among youth. Study concerning this programâ€™s impact, particularly its social impact, was never conducted before, thus this study aimed to identify, analyze and interpret structures which support implementation of PSP3 program, its supporting and impeding factors also impact resulted of its implementation in an effort to alleviate poverty.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â This study was a qualitative descriptive with case study approach using Bangsal village in Bangsal sub-district, Mojokerto as its study site. Informant selection in this study was using purposive sampling method, in which people was assumed and does have connection related with the study such as PSP3 participants, relevant government institution, also village apparatus and its local people. This was done to obtain valid and objective information or data. Collected data and information was analyzed using Giddensâ€™s structuration social theory.
Keywords: Empowerment, Sarjana Penggerak Pembangunan di Pedesaan (PSP3) Program, Poverty, Giddens Structuration
Basrowi dan Sujarwo, 2009. Manajemen Penelitian Sosial. CV. Mandar Maju. Bandung.
Bayoala, Andre. 1981. Kemiskinan dan strategi memerangi kemiskinan. Cetakan Pertama. Liberty. Yogyakarta.
Blaxter, Loraine.,Hughes C. and Thight Malcolm. 2006. How to research, seluk beluk melakukan riset. Edisi Kedua. Indeks Kelompok Gramedia. Jakarta.
Giddens, Anthony. 1993. Sociology. Second Edition. Cambridge-UK: Polity Press..
Giddens, Anthony. Teori Strkturasi: Dasar-dasar Pembentukan Struktur Sosial Masyarakat, terjemahan Maufur & Daryanto. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar. 2010.
Hanafi, Abdillah. 1986. Memasyarakatkan ide-ide baru. Cetakan Ketiga. Usaha Nasional. Surabaya.
Idrus, Muhammad. 2009. Metode penelitian ilmu sosial. Edisi Kedua. Erlangga. Yogyakarta.
Kanto, Sanggar. 2011. Perspektif modernisasi dan perubahan sosial. Edisi Pertama. UB Press. Malang.
Susilo, Edi. 2010. Dinamika, struktur sosial dalam ekosistem pesisir. Cetakan Pertama. UB Press. Malang.
Kemenpora, 2013. Pedoman umum pelaksanaan program pemuda sarjana penggerak pembangunan di perdesaan (PSP3), Jakarta.
Soenyono, 2012. Sosiologi pemberdayaan masyarakat (community, empowerment). Cetakan Pertama. Jenggala Pustaka Utama. Surabaya
K.Yin, Robert. 2013. Studi kasus. Cetakan ke-12. Raja Grafindo Persada. Jakarta
Moleong, Lexy. J. 2012. Metodologi penelitian kualitatif. Edisi Revisi. Remaja Rosdakarya. Bandung.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.