Adaptive Strategy used by Jaranan Art to Accommodate Local Tourism Development Program (Barthesian Semiotic Review on Jaranan Art â€œSela Kencanaâ€ in Kediri City)
Keywords:adaptive strategy, Barthesian semiotic, Jaranan Art Sela Kencana, co-modification
Jaranan Art is a dance art that has lived and developed throughout generations in Kediri City. It uses trance (ndadi) as its distinctive marker. Jaranan Art Sela Kencana is one of the prominent groups. In this recent local government era, traditional art is forced to follow local government policy. Research is aimed to understand adaptive strategy used by Jaranan Art Sela Kencana in effort to accommodate local tourism development program. Analytical framework is Barthesian semiotic review. Result of research indicates that the sense of existence is the final output of adaptive, conflict, and accommodative strategies used Jaranan Art Sela Kencana in attending with local tourism development program. Subsequent development, concerning with culture art co-modification, has led Jaranan Art to transform from being a tradition with high culture into that with pop culture that is easily understandable and satisfying to old persons, adults and even children. Pop culture also does not bother consumers or organizers to take a long thinking because some circumventing rituals are no longer needed.
â€¢ Barthes, R. 2006. Mitologi. Terj. Nurhadi dan A.Sihabul Millah. Yogyakarta: Kreasi Wacana.
â€¢ Data Induk Kesenian Kota Kediri tahun 2014-2015
â€¢ Fairclough, N. 1995. Kesadaran Bahasa Kritis (terj. Hartoyo). Semarang:
â€¢ IKIP Semarang Press.
â€¢ Groenendael, V.M.C.V. 2008. Jaranan: The horse dance and trance in East Java. Leiden: KITLV Press
â€¢ Haviland, W.A. 1993. Antropologi. Jakarta: Erlangga.
â€¢ Kamajaya. 1988. Serat Centhini (Suluk Tambangraras): Yasandalem Kanjeng Gusti Pangeran Adipati Anom Amangkunegara III (Ingkang Sinuhun Pakubuwono V) ing Surakarta. Kalatinaken miturut aslinipun dening Kamajaya, jilid IV, Canto 257-321. Cetakan II. Yogyakarta: Yayasan Centhini.
â€¢ Nurjaya, I.N. 2004. Magersari: Dinamika Komunitas Petani Pekerja Hutan Dalam Perspektif Antropologi Hukum. Malang. Universitas negeri malang press.
â€¢ Sobur, A. 2004. Semiotika Komunikasi. Bandung: Rosda.
â€¢ Soekanto, S. 2002. Sosiologi Suatu Pengantar. Jakarta: RajaGrafindo Persada.
â€¢ Strinati, D. 2009. Populer Culture: Pengantar Menuju Teori Budaya Populer. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.
â€¢ Storey, J. 2010. Cultural Sudi dan Kajian Budaya Pop: Pengantar Komprehensif Teori dan Metode. Yogyakarta: Jalasutra.
â€¢ Sudarsono, R.M. 1998. Seni Pertunjukan Indonesia di Era Globalisasi. Jakarta: Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan
â€¢ Sugiono. 2011. Metode penelitian Kuantitatif, kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
â€¢ Sugito, B. 2005. â€œJaranan Tulungagung (Kajian Perubahan dan Perkembangan Pertunjukan Jaranan di Kabupaten Tulungagungâ€ dalam Jurnal Pengkajian & Penciptaan Seni Dewa Ruci Vol. 3 No. 2, Desember 2005. Surakarta: Program pendidikan Pascasarjana Sekolah Tinggi Seni Indonesia (STSI) Surakarta.
â€¢ Sumarsono, S. 2003. Ekonomi Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia dan
â€¢ Ketenagakerjaan. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
â€¢ Ulum, M.S. 2012. Eksistensi Jaranan Art Kedhiren Sebagai Salah Satu Bentuk Kesenian Tradisional Asli Daerah Keterkaitannya Dengan Upaya Pemberdayaan dan PelesDancean Jaranan Art Kedhiren Oleh Dinas Kebudayaan Pariwisata Pemuda dan Olahraga Kota Kediri. Malang: Jurusan Sosiologi Fisip Universitas Brawijaya
â€¢ Wuisman, J.J. 1991. Metode Penelitian Ilmu Sosial. Malang: Dwi Murni.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.