A BL-Algebra on Type-2 Fuzzy Sets
Keywords:Type-2 fuzzy sets, BL-algebras, Basic logic
In this paper,Â we investigate the formal properties ofÂ a peculiar BL-algebra whose elements are particular type-2 fuzzy sets. These type-2 fuzzy sets have membership degrees that are triangular fuzzy number totally ordered on [0, 1]. This algebra, endowed with suitable functions for data modelling, allows to handleÂ aÂ wide range of applications.
Agliano P.., Montagna F., â€œVarieties of BL-Algebras. I: General Propertiesâ€, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 181, pp.105 â€“ 129, 2003
Cuomo P., Di Lascio L., â€œA New Fuzzy Systems Design and Optimization Approach Using Genetic Algorithmsâ€ , Proc. FUZZ- IEEE â€˜07, pp.1327-1332, 2007
Di Lascio L, Fischetti E., Gisolfi A.: â€œA Fuzzy Based Method for Environmental Evaluationâ€. Proc. IASK International Conference E-Activity and Leading Technologies, Madrid, pp.17-22, 2008
Di Lascio L. Fischetti E. Gisolfi A., â€œAn Algebraic Tool for Classification in Fuzzy Environmentsâ€, in G. Gerla, A. Di Nola (Eds.), Fuzzy Logic and Soft Computing, pp.129-158, 2001
Di Lascio L., Fischetti E., Gisolfi A., Loia V., Nappi A., â€œLinguistic Resources and Fuzzy Algebraic Computing in Adaptive Hypermedia Systemsâ€, in E. Damiani, L. Jain (Eds.), Soft Computing and Software Engineering, pp.274-312, 2004
Di Lascio L., Gisolfi A., Nappi A., â€œMedical Differential Diagnosis through Type-2 Fuzzy Setsâ€, Proc. FUZZ-IEEE â€™05, pp.371-376, 2005
Di Lascio L., Gisolfi A., Albunia A., Galardi G., Meschi F., â€œA Fuzzy-based Methodology for the Analysis of Diabetic Neuropathyâ€, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 129, 203 â€“228, 2002
Di Lascio L., Gisolfi A., Rosa G., â€œA Commutative l-Monoid for Classifications with Fuzzy Attributesâ€, Int. J. of Approximate Reasoning, pp.26 1-46, 2002
Drossos C. A., â€œAlgebraic Structures of Generalized Many-Valued Logicsâ€, Seminar Notes, Department of Mathematics, University of Patras, 1996-1997
Hajek P., Metamathematics of Fuzzy Logic, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1998
Karnik N.N., Mendel J. M, â€œOperations on Type-2 Fuzzy Setsâ€, Int. J. Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 122, pp. 327â€“348, 2001.
Mendel J. M., Uncertain Rule-Based Fuzzy Logic Systems: Introduction and New Directions, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2001.
Mendel, J. M. and R. I. John, â€œType-2 Fuzzy Sets Made Simpleâ€, IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 10, pp. 117-127, April 2002.
Montagna F., â€œGenerating the Variety of BL-algebrasâ€, Soft Computing, 9: pp.869-874, 2005
Zadeh L.A., â€œThe Concept of a Linguistic Variable and its Application to Approximate Reasoningâ€, I, II, III. Information Sciences I 8 â€“ II 8 â€“ III 9. pp 199-249 ; pp 301-357; pp 43-80, 1975
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.