A Fuzzy-Based Approach to E-learning Evaluation
Keywords:Student Evaluation, Fuzzy Sets, BL-algebra, Linguistic Variables.
In this paper a fuzzy-based methodology is illustrated, able to implement educational taxonomies and returning a rich linguistic evaluation. This approach is suitable for not structured answer scripts and uses a BL-algebra-based calculus.
Anderson L.W., Krathwohl D.R.: â€œA Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching, and Assessing: A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectivesâ€, Prentice Hall College Div, 2000
Bloom B.S.: â€œTaxonomy of Educational Objectives Book 1: Cognitive Domainâ€, Addison Wesley Publishing Company; 2nd edition, 1984
Chrysafiadi, K.,Virvou M.: â€œEvaluating the integration of fuzzy logic into the student model of a web-based learning environmentâ€, Expert Systems Applications, 39, 18, pp.13127â€“13134, 2012
Di Lascio L., Fischetti E., Gisolfi A., Loia V., Nappi A., â€œLinguistic Resources and Fuzzy Algebraic Computing in Hypermedia Systemsâ€, in Soft Computing and Software Engin., E. (Damiani E., Jain L. Eds.), pp.274-312, 2004
Di Lascio L., Gisolfi A., Nappi A., â€œMedical Differential Diagnosis through Type-2 Fuzzy Setsâ€, IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Systems, Reno, pp.371-376, 2005
Di Lascio L., Fischetti E., Gisolfi A., Nappi A.: â€œType-2 Fuzzy Decision Making by means of a BL-algebraâ€, IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Systems, London, pp.1-6, 2007
Fischetti, E.: â€œA BL-Algebra on Type-2 Fuzzy Setsâ€, Asian J. Fuzzy and Applied Mathematics, 1, 1, pp.12-20, 2013
Fischetti, E.: â€œA BL-Algebra-Based Method for Fuzzy Screeningâ€, Asian J. Fuzzy and Applied Mathematics, 2, 2, pp.56-63, 2014
Goodarzi M.H., Amiri A.: â€œEvaluating Students' Learning Progress by Using Fuzzy Inference Systemâ€, FSKD 2009, pp. 561-565, 2009
Johanyak Z.C.: â€œFuzzy Set Theory Based Student Evaluationâ€, IJCCI, pp.53-58, 2009
Klir G. J., Yuan B.: â€œFuzzy sets end fuzzy logic: theory and applicationâ€, Prentice - Hall, 1995
Kostadinova H., Totkov G., Indzhov H.: â€œAdaptive e-learning system based on accumulative digital activities in revised Bloom's taxonomyâ€, Proc. CompSysTech '12, pp.368-375, 2012
Metfessel N., Michael W., Kirsner D.: â€œInstrumentation of Bloomâ€™s and Krawthohlâ€™s taxonomies for writing educational objectivesâ€,in Behavioral Objectives and Instruction,Kibler R.Ed.),Allyn & Bacon, 1970.
Saleh, I., Kim S.: â€œA fuzzy system for evaluating studentsâ€™ learning achievementâ€, Expert Systems Applications, 36, 3, Part 2, pp.6236-6243, 2009
Shyi-Ming Chen, , Teng-Shun Li: â€œEvaluating studentsâ€™ answerscripts based on interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy setsâ€, Information Sciences, 20, pp.308â€“322, 2013
Shyi-Ming Chen, Ting-Kuei Li: â€œEvaluating Studentsâ€™ Learning Achievement based on Fuzzy Rules with Fuzzy Reasoning Capabilityâ€, 38, 4, pp.4368-4381, 2011
Swart, A.J. ; â€œEvaluation of Final Examination Papers in Engineering: A Case Study Using Bloom's Taxonomyâ€, IEEE Trans. Education, 53, 2, pp.257-264, 2009
Van Niekerk J.F.,Thomson K.L.: â€œEvaluating the Cisco Networking Academy Programâ€™s Instructional Model against Bloomâ€™s Taxonomyâ€, IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Tech., 324, pp.412-423, 2010
Zadeh L. A.: â€œFuzzy Setsâ€, Information and Control, 8, 3, pp.338-353, 1965
Zadeh L.A.: â€œThe Concept of a Linguistic Variable and its Application to Approximate Reasoning I, II, IIIâ€, Information Sciences 8, pp.199-249, 8, pp.301-357, 9, pp.43-80, 1975
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.