Searching Web Documents Using a Fuzzy-Based Method
Keywords:Web documents, Search algorithms, Type-2 fuzzy sets, Linguistic variables, User modeling
Web searching could be more fruitful if a user could easily find documents which satisfy his/her needs in terms of structure, format and contents. Herein a solution through a fuzzy linguistic description of the document is proposed, a linguistic variant of standard metadata types. Linguistic expressions are used to qualitatively represent both meta-information and user needs and a matching system is developed to select the most compatible documents with the user profile. The documents retrieved by a web search engine are organized in clusters and ordered in each cluster.
Demartini G.: â€œFrom People to Entities: New Semantic Search Paradigms for the Webâ€, in Studies on the Semantic Web, IOS Press, pp. 1-162, 2014
Ding W., Liu Y., Zhang J.: â€œChinese-keyword Fuzzy Search and Extraction over Encrypted Patent Documentsâ€, Proc. Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval, pp.168-176, 2015
IEEE 1484.12.1-2002, Draft Standard for Learning Object Metadata, http://www.ieee.org, 2002.
IMS Learning Resource Metadata Information Model, Version 1.2.1 Final Specification, http://www.imsglobal.org/metadata, 2001.
Khattak A.M., Mustafa J., Ahmed N., Latif K., Khan S.: â€œIntelligent Search in Digital Documentsâ€, Web Intelligence, pp.558-561, 2008
Klusch M., Kapahnke P., Schulte S., LÃ©cuÃ© F., Bernstein A.: â€œSemantic Web Service Search: A Brief Surveyâ€, Kunstliche Intelligenz 30(2), pp.139-147, 2016
Patro S., Malhotra V.M., Johnson D.: â€œAn Algorithm to Use Feedback on Viewed Documents to Improve Web Query - Enabling NaÃ¯ve Searchers to Search the Web Smartlyâ€, Proc. Web Information Systems and Technologies (1), pp.287-294, 2006
Qumsiyeh R., Ng Y. â€œSearching web documents using a summarization approachâ€, Int.J. Web Information Systems 12(1), pp.83-101, 2016
SaraÃ§oglu R., TÃ¼tÃ¼ncÃ¼ K., Allahverdi N.: â€œA new approach on search for similar documents with multiple categories using fuzzy clusteringâ€, Expert Syst. Appl. 34(4), pp.2545-2554, 2008
Sartori E., Velegrakis Y.,Guerra F.: â€œEntity-Based Keyword Search in Web Documentsâ€, Trans. Computational Collective Intelligence 21, pp.21-49, 2016
Su F.,Xiao C.,, Gao C.,Gao Y.: â€œAdaptive method to support effective searching over large-scale web documentsâ€, Proc. Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, pp.2428-2432, 2010
Ullah I., Khusro S.: â€œIn Search of a Semantic Book Search Engine on the Web: Are We There Yet ?â€, Proc. Computer Science On-line Conference (1), pp.347-357, 2016
Yao Z., Wang B.: â€œUsing section-semantic relation structures to enhance the performance of Web searchâ€, in Proc. Database and Expert Systems Applications, London, pp. 512-516, 2000
Weiland L., Scherp A.: â€œA Novel Approach for Semantics-Enabled Search of Multimedia Documents on the Webâ€, in Multimedia Modeling, pp.450-61, 2014
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Semantic Web, http://www.w3c.org, 2001.
Zadeh L. A., â€œThe Concept of a Linguistic Variable and its Application to Approximate Reasoning- I, II, IIIâ€, Information Sciences I 8 â€“ II 8 â€“ III 9, pp. 199-249; pp.301-357; pp. 43-80, 1970
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.