The Application of Cooperative Learning Model-Jigsaw Type in Learning Mathematics
Keywords:The Result of Studying Mathematics, Jigsaw, Conventional, Motivation
The variety of learning model is able to prevent student from boredom, moreover in learning mathematics. The teacher must be smart in choosing learning model that appropriate with subject matter that will be taught. Cooperative Learning Model-Jigsaw Type puts forward cooperation between student, perhaps it can give better result. This research is quasi experimental research. The sample of this research is 189 students grade of Junior High School in Surakarta. The data analysis technique uses Anava two ways with significance level (a) = 5%, its result of Cooperative Learning Model-Jigsaw Type in learning mathematics gives the same result with the use of conventional learning model in subject matter the system of linear equation in two variables seen from high, medium, and low motivation. But from attitude side, Jigsaw learning model makes student more cheerful and more active in accepting mathematics lesson, student is trained to be brave to deliver opinion. Of course the existence ofÂ teacherâ€™s role is very important as a guidance for learning process. It is necessary to be seen the appropriateness subject matter that will be taught in the class withÂ learning model that will be used. And also age of student who will be taught.
â€¢ Arends, R.I. (1997). Classroom Instruction and Management. Central Conecticut State University:the McGrow-Hill Companies.
â€¢ Batool, S. (2012). Effect of Cooperative Learning on Achievement of Students in General. International Education Studies , 154-158.
â€¢ Dwi, B. (2013). THE WAY TO IMPROVE MATHEMATICS RESULT THROUGH. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika STKIP PGRI Sidoarjo , 35-42.
â€¢ Gillies, R. (2002). The residual effects of cooperative learning experiences: A two year follow-up. The Journal of Educational Research, 96, 1, 15-20.
â€¢ Haji, Hamzah, 2007. Teori Motivasi dan Pengukurannya. â€œAnalisis di Bidang Pendidikanâ€. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
â€¢ Mulyanto, R. (2007). Pendekatan Cooperative Learning Teknik Jigsaw. Jurnal Pendidikan Dasar .
â€¢ Okezone, R. N. (2013, January 8). Okezone.com. Retrieved November 26, 2013, from http://kampus.okezone.com/read/2013/01/08/373/743021/penyebab-indeks-matematika-siswa-ri-terendah-di-dunia.
â€¢ Sardiman. 2005. Interaksi dan Motivasi Belajar Mengajar. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada.
â€¢ Satria. (2012, February 24). Retrieved November 26, 2013, from Universitas Gajah Mada: http://ugm.ac.id/id/post/page?id=4467.
â€¢ Slameto. (1995). Statistika Dasar. Surakarta: UNS Press.
â€¢ Triluqman. (2007). Retrieved July 6, 2010, from Belajar dan Motivasinya: www.heritl.blogspot.com.
â€¢ Wardhani, D. S. (2008). PAKET FASILITASI PEMBERDAYAAN KKG/MGMP MATEMATIKA. Retrieved February 23, 2012, from http://p4tkmatematika.org/fasilitasi/13-SI-SKLSMP-Optimalisasi-Tujuan-wardhani.pdf.
â€¢ Zakaria, E., dan Iksan, Z. (2007). Promoting Cooperative Learning in Science and Mathematics Education: A Malaysian Perspective. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 3 (1), 35-39.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.