Investigation of Fuel Flow Velocity on CNG Engine using New Injector
Keywords:CNG engine, computational simulation, fuel flow velocity, new injector.
In this paper, the new injector has been developed based on computational model. The methods of fuel flow velocity investigation from the CNG engine using new injector simulations focused on the combustion chamber area. The fuel flow velocity in the combustion chamber affected the combustion and performance of the engine. From the simulation of every new injector nozzle holes type, the velocity in the combustion chamber was different and most of the velocities were higher and better compared to the original injection nozzle.
A.E. Catania, D. Misul, E. Spessa, and A. Vassallo. 2004. Analysis of Combustion Parameters and Their Relation to Operating Variables and Exhaust Emissions in an Upgraded Multivalve Bi-Fuel CNG SI Engine. SAE Paper: 2004-01-0983.
M. Mbarawa. B.E. Milton and R.T. Casey. 2001. Experiments and Modelling of Natural Gas Combustion Ignited by a Pilot Diesel Fuel Spray. Int. J. Therm. Sci. 40: 927â€“936.
J.B. Heywood. 1988. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals. Singapore. McGraw-Hill.
V. Ganesan. 1999. Internal Combustion Engines. New Delhi. Tata McGraw-Hill.
Semin and R.A. Bakar. 2013. Simulation and Experimental Method for the Investigation of Compressed Natural Gas Engine Performance. International Review of Mechanical Engineering 7 (7).
H.M. Cho, and He, Bang-Quan. 2007. Spark Ignition Natural Gas Engines - A review. Energy Conversion and Management 48: 608â€“618.
Semin. A.R. Ismail. and R.A. Bakar. 2008. Investigation of CNG Engine Intake Port Gas Flow Temperature Based on Steady-State and Transient Simulation. European Journal of Scientific Research 22 (3).
Semin. A.R. Ismail. R.A Bakar and I. Ali. 2008. Heat Transfer Investigation of Intake Port Engine Based on Steady-state and Transient Simulation. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (11).
A.R. Ismail. R.A. Bakar. Semin. and I. Ali. 2008. Computer Modelling for 4-Stroke Direct Injection Diesel Engine. Advanced Materials Research Volumes 33-37.
A.R. Ismail. R.A. Bakar and Semin. 2008. An Investigation of Valve Lift Effect on Air Flow and CD of Four Stroke Engines Based on Experiment. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (8).
Semin. R.A. Bakar and A.R. Ismail. 2008. Investigation of Diesel Engine Performance Based on Simulation. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (6).
Semin. R.A. Bakar and A.R. Ismail. 2008. Computational Visualization and Simulation of Diesel Engines Valve Lift Performance Using CFD. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (5).
Semin. A.R. Ismail and R.A. Bakar. 2008. Comparative Performance of Direct Injection Diesel Engines Fueled Using CNG Based on GT-POWER Simulation. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (5).
R.A. Bakar. Semin and A.R. Ismail. 2008. Fuel Injection Pressure Effect on Performance of Direct Injection Diesel Engines Based on Experiment. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (3).
R.A. Bakar. Semin. A.R. Ismail and I. Ali. 2008. Computational Simulation of Fuel Nozzle Multi Holes Geometries Effect on Direct Injection Diesel Engine Performance Using GT-POWER. American Journal of Applied Sciences 5 (2).
Semin. R.A Bakar. and A.R. Ismail. 2009. Compressed Natural Gas as an Alternative Fuel for Internal Combustion Engines: A Technical Review. International Review of Mechanical Engineering Vol. 3 (2).
Semin. A. Idris. and R.A Bakar. 2009. Effect of Port Injection CNG Engine using Injector Nozzle Multi Holes on Air-Fuel Mixing in Combustion Chamber. European Journal of Scientific Research 34 (1).
Semin. A. Idris. and R.A. Bakar. 2009. An Overview of Compressed Natural Gas as an Alternative Fuel and Malaysian Scenario. European Journal of Scientific Research 34 (1).
Semin. A.R. Ismail. and R.A. Bakar. 2009. Gas Fuel Spray Simulation of Port Injection Compressed Natural Gas Engine using Injector Nozzle Multi Holes. European Journal of Scientific Research 29(2).
Semin, A. Idris. R.A. Bakar. A.R. Ismail. 2009. Study of the Engine Cylinder Fluid Characteristics for Diesel Engine Converted to CNG Engine. European Journal of Scientific Research 26 (3).
Semin. A.R. Ismail. and T.F. Nugroho. 2010. Experimental and Computational of Engine Cylinder Pressure Investigation on the Port Injection Dedicated CNG Engine Development. J. Applied Sci.10 (2). pp: 107-115.
Semin. 2012. Injector Nozzle Spray on Compressed Natural Gas Engines: A Technical Review. International Review of Mechanical Engineering 6. (5).
Semin and R.A. Bakar. 2014. Computational Modelling the Effect of New Injector Nozzle Multi Diameter Holes on Fuel-Air Mixing Homogeneous of CNG Engine. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. Volume 9 (21). pp. 9983.
Semin. 2015. Analysis of Biogas as an Alternative Fuel for Electric Generator Engine in Bawean Island â€“ Indonesia. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (16). pp. 35313-35317.
Semin. 2015. Investigation the Effect of Injector Nozzle Multi Holes Geometry on Fuel Spray Distribution Flow of CNG Engine Based on Computational Modeling. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (15). pp.36087-36095.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.