Regression Analysis in Load Flow
Keywords:Curve Fitting, Heuristic, Load flow, Regression
Electricity is the most preferred form of energy used in industries, homes, business, and transportation. In the present situation, meeting the power demand is not the major issue, rather it is important to provide stable and quality power to the consumers. Thus analyzing the power system network is very much important. For this we have classical methods such as Gauss Siedel, Newton Raphson and other computer aided software programming techniques as well. All the existing technologies have the major setback that they require large computational time and extensive iterative numerical analysis. Even a simple three bus network requires substantial calculation. It is suggested that for a general class of problems covering ring bus systems, an approximate, fairly accurate solution can be obtained. The method is purely heuristic one. It is an experienced based solution technique for load flow analysis in power systems. The result is a simpler form of load flow analysis involving linear computation time.
Grainger J.J and Stevenson J.R., â€˜Power System Analysis', Tata McGraw-Hill Education, 2nd ed., New York: 329-335, 2003.
Geraldin â€˜A Power System Analysisâ€™, S.N Publications, 4th ed, India, 252-345, 2007.
Pai M.A.: 'Computer Techniques in Power System Analysis', Tata McGraw-Hill, 1st Ed, New York, 129-164, 1979.
Nagrath I.J and Kothari D.P.: 'Power System Engineering', Tata McGraw-Hill, 3rd ed., NewYork: 219-228, 1987.
Gupta B.R.: 'Power system analysisâ€™, S Chand Ltd, 2nd ed., India: 210-300, 2008.
Wong K.P and Law M.Y.: 'Development Of Constrained GA Load Flow
Methodâ€™, IEEE Proceedings on Power Systems, 8(3), Beijing, August, 325-333, 1993.
CHAO.T. : â€˜A Tracking Method for Finding Multiple Power Flow Solutionsâ€™, IEEE
Proceedings on Power Flow TENCONP3, 178(4), Beijing, September, 418-421, 1996.
YIN X.D. and GERMAY N. : ' Investigations on Solving the Load Flow Problem by Genetic Algorithms', IEEE Transaction on Electric Power System Research, 163(2),
Beijing, October, 151-163, 1991.
Kit.Po.Wang and An Li.: 'Solving the load flow problem using Genetic Algorithm' IEEE Proceedings Generation, Transmission, .Distribution. 144(2), Canada, October, 453-461, 1997.
Xia, Odong and Yin.: ''Application Of GA To Multiple Load Flow Solution Problem In Electrical Power System'' IEEE Proceedings Power System,141(5), Beijing, September, 507- 513, 1994
Mohamed A.: ''Performance Comparison of Ac Load Flow Techniques for Real Time Applications''. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 5(2), New York, May, 582- 591, 1990.
Roy.Dobbins, Pat. Simpson, and Russ Eberhart.: ''Computational Intelligence PC Tools'', AP Professional, Second edition, Chicago, 164-182, 1996.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.