Speed Control of Micro Gas Turbine with PMSG using Evolutionary Computational Techniques
Keywords:Micro Gas Turbine, PMSG, Genetic Algorithm, Speed Control, PSO algorithm
This paper studies speed control of Micro Gas Turbine with PD controller. The articleÂ investigate the behavior of Micro Gas turbine with PMSG under load variations using different controllers .Most of these controllers are based on Evolutionary Computational Techniques (ECT), among these Evolutionary Computational Techniques, Genetic Algorithm (GA), Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), and Adaptive Accelerated Coefficients Particle Swarm Optimization (AACPSO). In this study, PD parameters are defined using a conventional PD controller is tuned by Ziegler-Nicholas technique. The conventional controller compared with (ECT). Simulation results show that the response of the PSO-Fuzzy like PD, AACPSO-Fuzzy like PD, and AACPSO- PD controller is effectively improved compared with other controllers. The effectiveness of the proposed scheme is confirmed via extensive study using MATLAB-Simulink software. The obtained results are promising.
Y. Zhu, and K. Tomsovic, â€œOptimal distribution power flow for systems with distributed energy resources,â€ Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 29, pp. 260-267, 2007.
Francisco Jurado and Jose Ramon Saenz, "Adaptive control of a fuel cell-micro turbine hybrid power plant," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 18, No.2, pp. 342-347, June 2003.
Anne-Marie Borbely and Jan F. Kreider, Distributed generation-The Power Paradigm for the New Millennium, CRC Press, 2001.
W. I. Rowen, "Simplified mathematical representations of heavy duty gas turbines", Journal of Engineering for Power, Transactions ASME, Vol. 105, No. 4, pp. 865-869, Oct, 1983.
Energy and Environmental Analysis (an ICF International Company) 1655 North Fort Myer Drive Suite 600 Arlington, Virginia 22209, December 2008.
L. M. Hajagos and G. R. Berube, "Utility experience with gas turbine testing and modeling," in Proc. IEEE PES Winter Meeting, Vol. 2, 2001, pp. 671-677 Jan. / Feb. 2001, Columbus, OH.
Working Group on Prime Mover and Energy Supply Models for System Dynamic Performance Studies, â€œDynamic models for combined cycle plants in power system studies,â€ IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 1698-1708, August 1994.
Anders Malmquist, "Analysis of a gas turbine driven hybrid drive system for heavy vehicles," Ph.D. dissertation, School of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, 1999.
Amer Al-Hinai, Ali Feliachi., "Dynamic Model of a micro turbine used as a distributed Generator," in Proc. 341h Southeastern Symposium on system Theory, Huntsville, pp.209-213, Alabama, March 2002.
Y. Zhu and K. Tomsovic, "Development of models for analyzing the load-following performance of micro turbines and fuel cells," Journal of Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 62, pp. 1- 11, 2002.
Larry Goldstein, Bruce Hedman, Dave Knowles, Steven I. Freedman, Richard Woods and Tom Schweizer., ";Gas-fired distributed energy resource technology characterizations," National Renewable Energy Laboratory, NREL/TP-620-34783, Nov. 2003.
F. Jurado and A. Cano, "Use of ARX algorithms for modeling micro turbines on the distribution feeder," IEE Proceedings: Generation Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 151, No. 2, pp. 232-238, Mar. 2004.
L. N. Hannet and Afzal Khan., "Combustion turbine dynamic model validation from tests," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 8, No. l, pp. 152-158, Feb. 1993.
BimalK.Bose, Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives, Pearson Education, 2003.
Randy L. Haupt Sue Ellen Haupt Practical Genetic Algorithms - Second Edition [Book]. Hoboken, New Jersey : A John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publication, 2004.
L.A.Zadah. â€œ Fuzzy Sets Information Controlâ€ , 338-353, (1965).
Wang, L.-X. A Course In Fuzzy Systems And Control. Hong Kong: Bernard Goodwin - Prentice Hall PTR, (2004).
F. Jurado, M. Ortega, A. Cano and J Carpio, â€œNeuro-fuzzy controller for gas turbine in biomass-based electric power plantâ€, Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 60, No. 3, (2002).
J. Kennedy, R. C. Eberhart, Swarm intelligence, Academic Press, 2001.10
A. B. M. Nasiruzzaman and M. G. Rabbani,, " Implementation of Genetic Algorithm and Fuzzy Logic in Economic Dispatch Problem", 5th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering ICECE, pp. 360-365, Dhaka, Bangladesh, IEEE Conference Publication, 20-22 December 2008.
Kennedy and R. Eberhart, â€œParticle swarm optimizationâ€, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, (1995) Australia.
Salhi Ahmed, BouktirTarek and NaimiDjemai, â€œEconomic Dispatch Resolution using Adaptive Acceleration Coefficients based PSO considering Generator Constraints, â€ Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. CG DIT, (2013) .
Fatma El Zahra Khalifa, M. Moustafa Hassan, Osama Abul-Haggag and Hassan Mahmoud "The Application of Evolutionary Computational Techniques in Medium Term Forecasting"; Presented at MEPCONâ€™2015, Mansoura University; Mansoura; Dec. 2015; Egypt.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.