Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Excitation System for Synchronous Generator
Keywords:Synchronous generator, Excitation System, modeling and simulation
Mechanical energy converted into electrical energy by synchronous generator. The turbine converts some kinds of energy (steam, water, wind) into mechanical energy. This work discusses the problems in modeling, simulation and analysis of excitation system for synchronous generator, it has an active DC load. The work consists of two main parts: one is the mathematical model of an excitation system, explains the fundamentals, and defines the scope of work of the synchronous generator; another presents the simulation and analysis of the mathematical model discussed. The simulation was done on Matlab Ver. 2013a with satisfactory results, allowing conclusion that the modeling is accurate and feasible for practical implementation.
E. L. Arroyo, â€œModeling and Simulation of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive Systemâ€, MSc thesis with Electrical Engineering, University Of Puerto Rico, 2006
M. Miskovic, M. Mirosevic and M. Milkovic, â€œAnalysis of Synchronous Generator Angular Stability Depending on the Choice of the Exitacion Systemâ€ in Energija, vol. 58, L. Begovic, Ed. Zagreb: HEP and University of Zagreb, 2009, pp. 430â€“445.
I. Jadric, â€œModeling And Control Of A Synchronous Generator With Electronic Loadâ€, MS.c thesis for Faculty ofVirginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1998.
G R. Majumder, â€œ Development and Comparison of DC grid Model in Power factory and Dymola for Controller Design â€œ,IEEE, July 21, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2013
T. W. Mon, M. M. Aung, â€œSimulation of Synchronous Machine in Stability Study for Power Systemâ€, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 15, PP: 128-133, 2008
R. Ramya, K. Selvi, â€œ Simulation of Synchronous Generator with Fuzzy based Automatic Voltage Regulatorâ€, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), Vol. 2, No. 6, , pp. 798-805, December 2012
L. Luo, â€œ The Control and Modeling of Diesel Generator Set in Electric Propulsion Ship â€œ,International Journal Information Technology and Computer Science, 2011, 2, PP:31-37 , March 2011
M. O. Oliveira, et. All, â€œDesign and Analysis of Brushless Self-Excited Three-Phase Synchronous Generatorâ€, International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQâ€™12) Santiago de Compostela (Spain), 28th to 30th March, 2012
V. Slenduhhov, J. Kilter, â€œModeling and Analysis of the Synchronous Generators Excitation Systemsâ€, From webside: http://egdk.ttu.ee/files/parnu2013/Parnu_2013_252-257.pdf; pp: 252-258
W. Leonhard, Control of Electrical Drivers. Springer, Berlin,Heidelberg, NewYork, 2001, pp. 51-63, ISBN 3-540-41820.
B.K Bose, Modern Power Electronics and AC Drivers. Prentice Hall PTR, ISBN 0-13-016743-6, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, USA. 2012
D. Jolevski, â€œExitacion System of Synchronous Generatorâ€, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture,Split, 2009., Croatia, preparation for doctoral qualification exame.
S.Zeljko ; M.Kresimir , J.Vedrana, â€œSynchronous Generator Modeling Using Matlabâ€, 2013 http://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/475823.Final_paper-_Spoljaric_Miklosevic_Jerkovic-SIP-2010.pdf
M. Jadric, B. Francic, Dynamic of Electric Machines. Graphis,Zagreb, Croatia, 1995, ISBN 953-96399-2-1.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.