Influence of Rare Earth Ion Lanthanum on Physical Properties of Biodegradable Polymer Blend PVA/PVP
Keywords:Polymer blend, XRD, UV-vis absorption spectroscopy, Dielectric properties, Nanoindentation
A biodegradable solid polymer blend films of PVA (50) /PVP (50) filled with La (NO3)3 were prepared by solution casting technique. The samples were subjected to Structural, Optical, Mechanical and Electrical investigations.Â The degree of amorphosity of the polymer blend composites was increased by the incorporation of filler into the polymer blend matrix which is shown by XRD.Â Decrease in the optical energy gap values was observed with the addition of filler which is illustrated by UV-vis studies, indicating the interaction of filler with polymer blend matrix.Temperature dependent broad band dielectric spectroscopic investigations have been carried out on all prepared samples in the frequency band 100 Hz to 1MHz. AC conductivity has been increased with increase in frequency which confirmed the possibility of higher concentration of charge carriers as well as their higher mobility. Dielectric behaviour was investigated using dielectric permittivity and dielectric loss tangent. With the temperature increase, value of dielectric constant was found to increase depicting the more polar nature of polymer matrix.The tangent loss spectra of the samples showed a broad peak which confirms the presence of relaxing dipoles in the polymer composites. Mechanical properties of the samples have been analysed employing nanoindentationtechnique which reveals the role of filler content in improving the elastic modulus and hardness of the samples.
Franck A, Introduction to Polymer blends and Alloys; T A instruments Germany.
Abdelrazek E M, Elashmawi I S, Labeeb S. Physica B 405 (2010) 2021-2027.
YuweiJin, Xiaofeng Lu, Ce Wang. Journal of applied Polymer Science, (2006), Volume 102, Issue 6, 6017-6022.
Rajeswari N, Selvasekarapandian S, Karthikeya C,Sanjeeviraja Y, Iwai, J. Kawamura.Ionics(2013) 19.1105-1113.
Hatta F F, Yahya M Z A, Ali A M M, Subban R H Y, Harun M K, and Mohamad A A. Ionics 11 (2005).
Subba ReddyCh , Xia Ha,. Quan-Yao Zhu, Li-Q iang Mai, Wen Chen. Microelectronic Engineering 83(2006) 281-285.
Ragab H M, Physica B 406 (2011) 3759.
Elashmawi I S, Abdelrazek E M, Ragab H M, Hakeem N A, Physica B (2010), Volume 405, and Issue 1, p. 94- 98.
MiguelManzano Ã†, Antonio ,. Salinas Ã†, Francisco J, Gil Ã† MarÄ±Â´aVallet-RegÄ±. J Mater Sci: Mater Med (2009) 20:1795â€“1801.
Yucai Hu, Lu Shen, Hai Yang, Min Wang, Tianxi Liu, Tao Liang, Jiang Zhang. Polymer
Testing 25 (2006) 492-497.
El-Houssiny A S, Ward A A M, Mansour S H, Abd- El- Messieh1 S L, Journal of Applied Polymer Science. (2012), Vol. 124, Issue 5,pages, 3879-3891.
Harish Kumar H G, Mathada R D, Ratiation effects and defects in solids, Volume 166, Issue 3, (2011), 198- 207.
Harish Kumar H G, Mathad R D, Ganesh S, Sarma K S S, HaramghattiC R. Brazilian Journal of Physics 2011, 41 (1).
Armand M B, Chabangno J M, Duclot In M, Vashistha P, Murthy JN, Shenoy GK (eds.), Fast ion transport in solids. North Holland, Amsterdam (1979).
M. A. El-Shahawy, Polym.Int.52 (2003) 1919.
Shyly P M,Karuppasamy K, Linda T, PaitipThiravetyan, Balakumar S, SahayaShajan, IOSR Journal of Applied Physics Volume 1, Issue 4(July-Aug.2012).PP 47-51.
Pradhan D K, ChoudharyR N P, SamantarayB K, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci, 3 (2008) 597-608.
Jayanthi S, Sundaresan B, Ionics DOI 10.1007/s11581-014-1230-0 Springer-(2014).
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.