Effect of Electron Radiations on the Physical Properties of Laminated Particle Boards
Keywords:Melamine-Formaldehyde, Urea-Formaldehyde, Lamination, Coating
In the present work, the particleboards laminated with melamine formaldehyde and Polymer Faced Chipboard(PFC) paper were radiated with different dosages of electron radiations and its impact on the polymerizationÂ and other chemical properties were analyzed using characterization techniques such as TGA, DSC and XRD. It was observed that the amount of radiations have effect on the physical and thermal properties of the lamination. The knowledge from the present work will be used to develop new kind of coatings using melamine formaldehyde and PFC polymer and later on radiate it with the electron radiations to improve its thermal and mechanical properties.
Weisshaar, T.A., Aeroelastic tailoring of forward swept composite wings. Journal of Aircraft, 1981. 18(8): p. 669-676.
Dunky, M., Ureaâ€“formaldehyde (UF) adhesive resins for wood. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, 1998. 18(2): p. 95-107.
Cremonini, C. and A. Pizzi, Field weathering of plywood panels bonded with UF adhesives and low proportions of melamine salts. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products, 1999. 57(5): p. 318-318.
Marutzky, R., Release of formaldehyde by wood products. Wood adhesives-Chemistry and technology, 1989. 2: p. 307-387.
Cremonini, C., A. Pizzi, and C. Torro, Improved waterproofing of UF Plywood adhesives by melamine salts as glue-mix hardeners: System performance optimization. Holzforschung und Holzverwertung, 1997. 49: p. 11-15.
Ashter, S.A., Thermoforming of Single and Multilayer Laminates: Plastic Films Technologies, Testing, and Applications. 2013: William Andrew.
Youngquist, J.A., Wood-based composites and panel products. 1999.
Pizzi, A. and K.L. Mittal, Handbook of adhesive technology, revised and expanded. 2003: CRC Press.
Marutzky, R., Release of formaldehyde by wood products. Wood Adhesivesâ€”Chemistry and Technology, 1989. 2: p. 307-387.
Gupta,A, Patrick Jordan and Shusheng Pang ., Modelling the heat and mass transfer during hot pressing of medium density fiberboardâ€. Chemical Product and Process Modeling (2013). Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages 1â€“13, DOI: 10.1515/cppm-2013-0004,
Gupta, A., P.J. Jordan, and S.Pang,. Modelling of the development of the vertical density profile of MDF during hot pressing. Journal of Chemical Product and Process Modelling, Bepress. Vol-2 Art (1)
Kumar, A., Gupta, A., Sharma, K.V. and Nasir, M. Use of aluminum oxide nanoparticles in wood composites to enhance the heat transfer during hot-pressing. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products(2012) 71:193â€“198.
Kumar,A., Arun Gupta, K. V. Sharma, Mohammad Nasir, Tanveer Ahmad khan , Influence of activated charcoal as a filler on the properties of wood composite. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 46(2013) 34-39.
Khan, T. A., Gupta, Arun., Jamari, S. S., Jose, R., Nasir, M., and Kumar, A., Synthesis and characterization of carbon fibers and their application in wood composites, BioRes. 8(3), 4171-4184.
Kumar,A., Arun Gupta and K. V. Sharma., Thermal and mechanical properties of urea formaldehyde (UF) resin combined with multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) as nanofiller and fibreboards prepared by UF-MWCNT.Holzforchung,(2015)-69(2):199-205
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.