The Correlation between the Levels of Troponin I with the Amount of Leukocytes in Patients Suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction
Keywords:Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI), Troponin I, leukocyte
AbstractAcute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) is a manifestation of acute myocardial ischemia and is generally caused by the rupture of atherosclerosis and thrombus in the coronary blood vessels. Rupture causes an inflammatory process that leukocytes which acts as a marker of inflammation increases. Heart muscle damage that occurs also resulted in levels of troponin I as one of the markers of increased cardiac examination. Based on that research aims to determine the correlation between the levels of troponin I and the number of leukocytes in patients with suspected AMI.This research method is analytical observation with a data sample of 100 patients with suspected AMI diagnosis by doctors as well as examine the levels of troponin I and the number of leukocytes in dr. Abdulmadjid Chasbullah Bekasi. The correlation between the levels of troponin I and leukocyte counts were analyzed using Spearman's test. Data studied consisted of 52 people (52%) men and 48 (48%) of women. By age group, age range 46-65 years become the largest age group into patients with suspected AMI is 55 people (55%). Obtained 34 (34%) of patients with suspected AMI who had higher levels of troponin I and normal leukocyte count, and 39 (39%) of patients with suspected AMI who had troponin I levels and elevated leukocyte count. On Spearmanâ€™s test seen the correlation between levels of troponin I with the total of leukocytes in patients with suspected AMI (p = 0.000 and r = 0.50). This shows an increase in troponin I, which runs parallel with the increase in the total of leukocytes. Suggested for further research to see the difference increased levels of troponin I and the total of leukocytes between 3-5 hours and 14-18 hours after myocardial injury
KementerianKesehatan RI. PenyakitJantungPenyebabKematianTertinggi, KemenkesIngatkan CERDIK. Biro KomunikasidanPelayananMasyarakat,KementerianKesehatan RI. Cited Maret 2017.From :http://www.depkes.go.id/article/view/17073100005/penyakit-jantung-penyebab-kematian-tertinggi-kemenkes-ingatkan-cerdik-.html, 2017.
Majid, A., PenyakitJantungKoroner, Patofisiologi, Pencegahan, danPengobatanTerkini, JurnalPenelitian, FakultasKedokteranUniversitas Sumatera Utara, Medan, 2007.
PerhimpunanDokterSpesialisKardiovaskuler Indonesia (PERKI), PedomanTatalaksanaSindromKoronerAkutEdisiKetiga. Centra Communications, 2015
Kumar V, Abbas AK, Aster JC. BukuAjarPatologi Robbins. Vol. 2. Ed. 9..Elsevier.Singapura.hh. 329-334, 2015.
Aoronson PI, Ward JP. At a glance SistemKardiovaskular. 3rd Edition.Erlangga. Jakarta. p. 94-95, 2008.
Kosasih, E.N., PemeriksaanLaboratoriumKlinik, KARISMA Publishing Group, Tangerang, 2008.
Samsu, N., Sargowo, D., SensitivitasdanSpesifisitas Troponin T dan I pada Diagnosis InfarkMiokardAkut, MajalahKedokteran Indonesia, FakultasKedokteranUnversitasBrawijaya, Malang, 2007.
Grzybowski M, Welch RD, Parsons L, Ndumele CE, Chen E, Zalenski R, et al. The association between WBC and AMI in hospital mortality: findings from the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction. Academic Emergency Medicine.Vol. 11(10).hh: 1049-60, 2004.
Price SA, Wilson LM.. Patofisiologi. In: Pendit BU, Hartanto H, Wulansari P, Mahanani DA, transl. KonsepKlinis Proses-proses Penyakit Vol 1 (6th ed). EGC. Jakarta, 2005.
NÃºÃ±ez JE, NÃºÃ±ez E, Bertomeu V, et al. Prognostic value of baseline white blood cell count in patients with acute myocardial infarction and ST segment elevation.Heart.Vol. 91(8).hh.1094-1095, 2005.
Jee, et al., White Blood Cell Count and Risk for All Cause, Cardiovascular, and Cancer Mortality in a Cohort of Koreans. American Journal of Epidemiology , 2005.
Sitepu, Ade M. Djafar, Dewi U. Panda, Agnes L. GambaranJumlahLeukositpadaPasienInfarkMiokardAkut di RSUP Prof. Dr. R. D. Kandou Manado PeriodeJanuari-Desember 2015.Vol. 4 (2).Jurnal e-Clinic (eCl), 2016.
Maison M.. PerananLeukositosisSebagaiUjiDiagnostikTambahPadaPenderitaInfarkMiokardAkut. UniversitasDiponegoro. Semarang, 2000.
Meidhiyanto, Radiyan. Uddin, Ilham. Sofia, SefriNoventi. HubunganJumlahLeukositTerhadap Kadar Troponin I padaPasienInfarkMiokard. Vol. 5 (4).JurnalKedokteranDiponegoro. 2016.
Carbone, F. et al., Pathophysiological role of neutrophils in acute myocardial infarction.ThrombHaemost, 2013.
Septiana, A.S.,.KorelasiAktivitas CK-MB dan Kadar Troponin I padaPasienSuspek PJK di RSPAD GatotSoebroto.KaryaTulisIlmiah. JurusanAnalisKesehatan. PoltekkesKemenkes Jakarta III, 2017.
Rafieian-Kopaei, M., Setorki, M., Doudi, M., Baradaran, A., Nasri, H. Atherosclerosis : Process, Indicators, Risk Factors and New Hopes. Vol. 5 (8).International Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2014.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.