Application of a Hydraulic Actuator With Solenoid Valves for a Speed Control System
Keywords:Control systems, Hydraulic actuator, Computer simulation.
This paper describes the design and the execution of a speed control system for a rotary hydraulic actuator by using solenoid valves. The design is to control the rotational velocity (or the speed) of a hydraulic motor without using neither a variable hydraulic pump nor a variable hydraulic motor. With analysis by the simulation using the package, V 4.2p/1.67 of FluidSIM 4 from FESTO. It is possible to predict the output of the rotational velocity (rpm) and next could take the right decision about the correct specifications of the system components to meet the requirements.
• Alomair, Yasmeen, Iftikhar Ahmad, and Abdullah Alghamdi. 2015. “A Review of Evaluation Methods and Techniques for Simulation Packages.” Procedia Computer Science 62(Scse): 249–56. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.08.447.
• Badr, M. F. 2018. “Modelling and Simulation of a Controlled Solenoid.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 433(1).
• Badr, Munaf F. 2012. “Employing Analogue and Digital Solenoid Hydraulic Valves in Position Control System.” 16(3): 269–86.
• Baldwin, L.P., T. Eldabi, V. Hlupic, and Z. Irani. 2000. “Enhancing Simulation Software for Use in Manufacturing.” Logistics Information Management 13(5): 263–70.
• Code, Model, and Hydraulic Characteristics. “Modular Relief Valves Type HMP , HM , KM.” : 10–13.
• Copy, Official, and S B M Offshore N V Chk. 2013. “Orbital Motors Type OMP , OMR and OMH Technical Information.” : 1–96.
• “Directional Control Valve - Series D1VW / D1VW*EE | United Arab Emirates & Middle East.” https://ph.parker.com/ae/en/directional-control-valve-series-d1vw-d1vw-ee (September 17, 2020).
• “Hydraulic Cylinders: A Brief History - Aggressive Hydraulics.” https://www.aggressivehydraulics.com/hydraulic-cylinders-a-brief-history/ (September 4, 2020).
• “Hydraulic Gear Pump - C10X - Hydrocap.” https://hydrocap.net/en/c/acx-132/hydraulic-gear-pump-c10x-620 (September 17, 2020).
• Kim, Do-Tae. 2013. “A Study on the Meter-Out and Meter-In Speed Control Characteristics in Pneumatic Cushion Cylinders.” Journal of The Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers 22(1): 1–7.
• “Media-Directory | Bosch Rexroth AG.” https://www.boschrexroth.com/en/xc/myrexroth/mediadirectory?language=en-GB&publication=NET&search_query=23177&search_action=submit (September 17, 2020).
• Pastrakuljic, Vladimir. 1995. “Design and Modeling of a New Eleciro Hydraulic Actuator.” : 137.
• Plate, Sandwich, and Type Z F S Mil. “Throttle and Throttle Check Valve.” : 219052.
• Tran, N. H., C. Le, and A. D. Ngo. 2017. “Experimental Investigation of Speed Control of Hydraulic Motor Using Proportional Valve.” Proceedings - 2017 International Conference on System Science and Engineering, ICSSE 2017: 330–35.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Abdullah Al-Buzayd, Nadhim Faleh, Munaf Badr
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.