Value Chain Map Implemented Production Process Equipment Cables Nopal Industrialization in a Company of Mexico City
Keywords:VSM, Value Stream Mapping, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement
The objective of this study is to implement the methodology based on the Value Stream Mapping (VSM) in its current state AGRONOPAL Company in the area of cable production machinery for industrialization of the nopal. The VSM helped to diagnose the current situation of the company and identify problems and waste related to the process to finally lean production techniques. The VSM analysis ends with the proposal sketch map of the future situation where the supply chain is the application of the world class companies.
Bernstein, R. (N/D). Mejora del Flujo en la Manufactura Esbelta: ColecciÃ³n de PrÃ¡cticas y Casos.
Cabrera Rafael (2011). VSM Value Stream Mapping. Analisis de Cadena de Valor.
Crespo MÃ¡rquez Adolfo (1993). TÃ©cnicas Push â€“ Pull de fabricaciÃ³n: caracterizaciÃ³n, anÃ¡lisis y alternativas. Tesis Doctoral. Universidad de Sevilla, Espana.
Cuatrecasas Lluis (2004). MetodologÃa para la implantaciÃ³n del Lean Management en una empresa industrial independiente y de tamaÃ±o medio. Instituto Lean Management.
GarcÃa Diego. Master Lean VSM (Value Stream Mapping). Instituto Lean Mercosur.
Hogfeldt Daniel (2004). Plant Efficiency Masters. Thesis. University of Technology. USA.
Hopp, W.J. and Spearman, M.L. (2000) Factory physics: foundations of manufacturing management, New York, EEUU, McGraw Hill.
Marchwinski, C. (2004). State of Lean report. (documento web), www.lean.org.
Oskar Olofsson (2009). Value Stream Mapping: VSM. World Class Manufacturing.
Pereira Ron (2008). Guide to Lean Manufacturing. LSS Academy. USA.
Poppendieck Mary (2002). Principles of Lean Thinking. USA.
Rother, M. and Shook, J. (1998) Learning to see: value stream mapping to add value and eliminate muda, Brookline, Massachussets, USA, Lean Enterprise Institute.
Serrano Lasa Ibon (2007). Analisis de la aplicabilidad de la tÃ©cnica Value Stream Mapping en el rediseÃ±o de sistemas productivos. Tesis Doctoral. Universidad de Girona.
Womack, J.P. and Jones, D.T. (1996) Lean Thinking. Banish waste and create wealth in your corporation, London, UK, Touchstone book.
Womack James (2002). Lean Thinking: Where have been and where are we going?. Manufacturing Engineering.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.