Analysis of Service of Service by Process Simulation Case Study: School Cafeteria Unirem
Keywords:work sampling, simulation, improvement proposals, optimization.
Today companies are looking to improve their performance and quality of service so that their customers are satisfied. This research project aims, conduct a time study in the area of the cafeteria of the University of Mexico, to determine the current level of capacity and optimize service time students, in order to respond adequate to the demand. The system is analyzed by applying statistical and simulation is used by software PROMODEL Â® to evaluate proposals for improvement and optimization of the customer.
Bolton, Dale L., Colaboradores Anderson, Donald P. ( y otros). El empleo de la simulaciÃ³n en la administraciÃ³n educacional, Editorial Paidos; MÃ©xico, CRAT (VersiÃ³n castellana de Eliana M. Carballude).
GarcÃa D., E., Heriberto, G. R., & CÃ¡rdenas B.,L. E. (2006). SimulaciÃ³n y anÃ¡lisis de sistemas con Promodel. Prentice Hall.
Google Maps (2014). Location Google Map of University of the Mexican Republic.
Law, A. M., & Kelton, W. D (2002). Simulation Modelling and Analisys. (Vol. III): Mc. Graw Hill.
Niebel B. (2009). IngenierÃa Industrial: MÃ©todos, estÃ¡ndares y diseÃ±o de trabajo. Mc Graw Hill
Ma, J., Kim, N., & Rothrock, L (2011). Performance assessment in an interactive call center workforce simulation. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, vol. 19, 227-238.
Promodel Corporation (1999). Promodel UserÂ´s Guide, Promodel Corporation, U.S.A.
Robert, G. Sargent (1998). â€œVerification and Validation of Simulation Modelsâ€, Winter Simulation Conference.
Universidad de la RepÃºblica Mexicana (2014). Mission and Values of the University of the Mexican Republic recovered http://www.unirem.edu.mx/cloud/filosofia.html.
SimulaciÃ³n de procesos empresariales (2014). Historia de la simulaciÃ³n.
Retro InformÃ¡tica (2014). La simulaciÃ³n por ordenador.
Texson AlarcÃ³n G. (2005). DiseÃ±o de un simulador de vuelo para la compra y venta de acciones en el mercado accionario mexicano. Escuela de Negocios Departamento de ContadurÃa y Finanzas. Universidad de las AmÃ©ricas Puebla
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.