Car Engine Oil: Investigation of Function and Related Challenges, and Provision of Environmental Solutions
Keywords:Engine oil, Viscosity, Burning oil, Plant-based oil, Lubrication
In this paper, in order to solve challenges in the field of energy and fuel using a fully practical approach, types of engine oils and advantages of each over the other are discussed. A suitable car engine oil and its reasons are addressed. The viscosity of the engine oil is studied. A suitable car engine oil for cold and tropical regions of Iran is introduced. The standard classification of engine and gear oils in terms of viscosity is another topic discussed in this paper. Burning oil of Iranian cars, its reasons, identification methods and reduction strategies in accordance with domestic standards are described. Finally, plant-based engine oils, their applications, advantages and disadvantages, native challenges in this field and its complementary topics of the environmental aspect are provided in the present study.
A. R. Masoudi, Z. Kouhi, “Four Seasons Engine Oils and General Evaluation of These Oils in the Iranian Market (In Persian)”, 2th Condition Monitoring & Fault Diagnosis Conference, Tehran, Iran, February 24-25,¬ CMFD02_038., 2008.
I. Arefian, H. Asady, M. R. Monazam Esmaeilpour, Z. Zolghadr, Y. Zarif, “Investigating Impact of Motor Oil Quality on Vehicles Engine Induced Noise Level (In Persian)”, Journal of Health and Safety at Work, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 21-28, 2015.
R. Hesampour, M. Hasani, K. Heidarbeigi, “Evaluation of Oil Viscosity Behavior in Different Engine Functions (In Persian)”, 2th National Conference on Mechanization and New Technologies in Agriculture, Ahvaz, Iran, May 11-12,¬ ¬NCAMNT02_078, 2016.
J. G. Wills, “Lubrication Fundamentals”, M. Dekker, 1980.
D. M. Pirro, M. Webster, E. Daschner, “Lubrication Fundamentals, Revised and Expanded”, CRC Press, 2017.
S. Mohajeri, B. Espidkar, F. Harsaj, “Investigation of Fuel Consumption Reduction in Vehicles Using Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approaches (In Persian)”, Journal of Science and Engineering Elites, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 50-57, 2018.
H. Roshan Ravesh, H. Sadrnia, M. Khojastehpour, “Ensurement of Accuracy of New Engine Oil before Use through Oil Analysis (In Persian)”, 4th National Conference on Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Science and Technology of Iran, Tehran, Iran, March 11,¬ ¬DMECONF04_013, 2019.
H. R. Eskandari, R. Tavasoli, “Effect of Vegetable Engine Oil on Reducing Fuel Consumption and Environmental Hazards (In Persian)”, National Conference Celebrating Successful Managers in the Year of Resistance Economy, Action and Practice, Tehran, Iran, February 16, EMOGHAVEMAT01_004, 2017.
S. Salmani, S. S. Ashraf Talesh, “Review of Biodiesel Production Processes and Study of Effective Parameters (In Persian)”, 5th National Conference on New Research in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Tehran Iran, January 24, ¬IRCCE05_077, 2019.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Atefeh Hasan-Zadeh, Mohammad Poshtiban
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.