Tridiagonal Matrices with Permanent Values Equal to k-Jacobsthal Sequence
Keywords:Permanent, k-Jacobsthal Sequence, Convertible Matrix
We provide a proof that the permanents of certain tridiagonal matrices are natural numbers in a k-Jacobsthal sequence. As a consequence, such matrices are convertible.
Brualdi, R. A., Gibson, P. M., “Convex polyhedra of doubly stochastic matrices I. Applications of permanent
function”, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (A), vol.22, pp.194 – 230, 1977.
Gulec, H. H., “Permanents and Determinants of Tridiagonal Matrices with (s,t) Pell Lucus Numbers”,
International Mathematical Forum, vol.11, no.23, pp.1117 – 1122, 2017.
Jına, J., Trojovsky, P., “On Permanents of some tridiagonal matrices connected with Fibonacci numbers”,
International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol.97, no.1, pp.79 – 87, 2014.
King, B. W., Parker, D. F., “A Fibonacci Matrix and the Permanent Function. The Fibonacci Quarterly”, vol.7,
no.5, pp.539 – 544, 1969.
Kilic, E., Tasci, D., “On the Permanents of some Tridiagonal Matrices with Applications to the Fibonacci
and Lucas numbers”, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol.37, no.6, pp.1953 – 1969, 2007.
Kaygisiz, K., Sahin, A., “Determinant and Permanent of Hessenberg Matrix and Fibonacci Type
Numbers”, Gen. Math. Notes, vol.9, no.2, pp.32 – 41, 2012.
Lee, G. Y. (2000). K-Lucas numbers and associated bipartite graphs. Linear Algebra and Its Applications,
vol.320, pp.51 – 61, 2000.
Minc, H., “Permanent of - circulants”, Canad. Math. Bull, vol.7, pp.253 – 263, 1964.
Yılmaz, F., Bozkurt, D, “Hessenberg matrices and the Pell and Perrin numbers”, Journal of Number Theory,
vol.131, pp.1390 – 1396, 2011.
Yilmaz, F., Bozkurt, D, “On the Fibonacci and Lucas numbers, their sums and permanents of one type
of Hessenberg Matrices”, arXiv:1302.0668 [math.NT], 2013.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Porntip Kasempin, Warin Vipismakul, Araya Kaewsuy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.