Innovative Local Brand:A Case Study of Zeelandia Firm
Keywords:Agricultural product processing during the harvest seasons, brand innovation, souvenir
AbstractTainan, located in Southern Taiwan, began its development as a base for trade in 1624by the Dutch. Since then, Tainan remained the capital of Taiwan for more than 2centuries. In addition, Tainan is 1 of the 7 largest distribution centers for vegetables and fruits in Taiwan and is an ancient capital that is abundant in agricultural products. ZeelandiaFirm, the case applied in this study, was established by a group of Tainan undergraduate students, who applied the unique historical background of Tainan and its abundant fruit and vegetable agricultural products to the firm. A new local souvenir brand with a brand story regarding agricultural products processed during the harvest seasons and an innovative management philosophy was thus created. This study investigated the brand positioning and brand innovation of Zeelandia firm to provide a remarkable example for local brand innovations in the future.
Contents Magazine(2013),Special issue"Discover Japan",Tokyo, EiPublishing house.
Philip N Hague ï¼† Peter Jackson is author, Fang Shi Rong (1997) ranslation, Principles of Marketing, Taipei,DongHua Publishing house.
Jason Lin(2009)ï¼Œï½¢Establishing a personal Brand of Designer's Bazaarâ€”My Branding Design"Mo-Zai-Yangï½£ï¼ŒChaoyamg University of Tehnolgy, Thesis for Degree of Master.
Gaoyuan, T.Y.(2012), â€œThe Heritage and Symbiosis of Japanese Culture from Compromises in Daily Lifeâ€, Thesis Paper Database of China.http://www.59165.com/dissertation/7/69518.html
Chao, J.Y.(2012), â€œOn the Middle-ground of Chinese Traditional Paintings in the Early Years of the Republic of Chinaâ€, Zhejiang Normal University,masterâ€™s thesis.
Fu Zhao Qing(1999),During the Japanese occupationof TaiwanBuilding 1895-1945,QiuYuCulture Publishing.
Chunag, J.G.(2005), â€œFour King Farm Produces: Mangos Stand Out in Todayâ€™s Global Marketâ€, New Taiwan Weekly,485,http://www.newtaiwan.com.tw/bulletinview.jsp?bulletinid=22288
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.