Effect of Packaging Type on the Physical and Sensorial Qualities Beef Fried Meatballs during Storage at Ambient Temperature
Keywords:Beef Fried Meatballs, Type of Packaging, Storage Time, Physical Quality, Sensory Quality
Beef fried meatballs (basreng) is an innovation from meatballs. Dry textured basreng is sensitive to air and prone to rancidity, so packaging is required to minimize and the effect of storage time at room temperature. Basreng samples were packaged in non-vacuum polyethylene, vacuum polyethylene, aluminum foil vacuum, and composite can. Each was tested at weeks 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8. Parameters were observed for physical quality (pH and hygroscopicity) and sensory (color, taste, aroma, texture, acceptability). Physical quality data were analyzed using a Complete Randomized Design with a 4x5 factorial pattern. Mean differences were tested with Duncan's New Multiple Range Test. Sensory quality data was analyzed with Friedman's non-parametric analysis. Each treatment was in triplicate. The highest pH value for composite can is 6.43. The best sensory score is the composite can. The results of statistical analysis showed that the packaging treatment had a significant effect (P<0.05). Storage time also had a significant effect (P<0.05) on the physical quality which decreasing the pH value to 6.08, increasing the hygrocoposity value to 0.19 and decreasing the sensory score. The conclusion of this study was that types of packaging and storage time affected the physical and sensory qualities than other treatments.
Keywords: Beef Fried Meatballs, Type of Packaging, Storage Time, Physical Quality, Sensory Quality.
Adawiyah, R., S. Widyastuti dan W. Werdiningsih. 2016. Pengaruh pengemasan vacuum terhadap kualitas mikrobiologis ayam bakar asap selama penyimpanan. Jurnal Ilmu dan Teknologi Pangan. 2(2): 152-157
Astrid, W., Sri, W., & Dian, N. D. (2013). Prediction of self life of Kemplang Crackers Packaged in Polypropilene Plastick with Tickneses. J.Agr. Eng. Lampung 2(2): 105-114.
Ismed, K. Sayuti dan F. Andini. 2017. Pengaruh suhu dan lama penyimpanan terhadap indikator film dari ekstrak kelopak bunga rosella (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) sebagai smart packaging untuk mendeteksi kerusakan nugget ayam. Jurnal Aplikasi Teknologi Pangan. 6(4): 167-172.
Kartika, B., P. Hastuti dan W. Supartono. 1988. Pedoman Uji Inderawi Bahan Pangan. PAU Pangan dan Gizi. Universitas Gadjah Mada. Yogyakarta.
Moniharapon, A. 2013. Pengaruh kemasan plastik terhadap mutu sosis ikan gulamah (Argyrosomus amoyensis) selama penyimpanan dingin. Majalah BIAM. 9(1): 30-39.
Nur, M. 2009. Pengaruh pengemasan, jenis bahan pengemas, dan lama penyimpanan terhadap sifat kimia, mikrobiologi dan organoleptik sate bandeng (Chanos chanos). Jurnal Teknologi dan Industri Hasil Pertanian. 14(1): 1-11.
Pradipta, I. 2011. Karateristik Fisikokimia dan Sensoris Sack Bar dengan Penambahan Salak Pondoh Kering. Skripsi. Fakultas Petranian Universitas Sebelas Maret. Surakarta.
Rosalina, Y. dan Silvia, E. 2015. Study on Quality Changes during Storage and Shelf Life Prediction of Beledang Fish Chips in Rigid Polypropylene Packaging. Jurnal Teknologi dan Industri Pertanian Indonesia. 7(1):1-6.
Rosiani, N., Basito, dan E. Widowati. 2015. Kajian karakteristik sensoris, fisik dan kimia kerupuk fortifikasi daging lidah buaya (Aloe vera) dengan metode pemanggangan menggunakan microwave. Jurnal Teknologi Hasil Pertanian. 8(2):84-98.
Soeparno. 1994. Ilmu dan Teknologi Daging. Cetakan II. Gadjah Mada University Press. Yogyakarta.
Susanti, M.R. 2007. Difersifikasi Produk Opak dengan Penambahan Daging Ikan Layur (Trichiurus sp). Skripsi Program Studi Hasil Perikanan, Fakultas Teknologi Industri, Institut Sains danTeknologi AKPRIND.Yogyakarta.
Syarief, R. 2007. Pengemasan dan Perlindungan Mutu Bahan Pangan. Universitas Terbuka. Jakarta.
Triyannanto, E. dan K. T. Lee. 2017. Effect of sucrose strearate on the sensory-related quality of the broth and porridge of ready to eat gingseng chicken soup samyetang. Korean Journal Food Science of Animal Resources. 37(6): 855-864.
Wijayanti, R., Budiastra, I. W., Hasbullah, R. 2011. Kajian rekayasa proses penggorengan hampa dan kelayakan usaha produksi keripik pisang. Jurnal Keteknikan Pertanian. 25(2) : 133-140.
Yulianti, H. 2018. Pengaruh Jenis dan Teknik Kemasan Terhadap Mutu Jajanan Khas Daerah Sumbawa “Manjarel”. Artikel Ilmiah. Universitas Mataram. Mataram.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Khofifah Dwi Rahmania, Edi Suryanto, Endy Triyannanto, Rio Olympias Sujarwanta
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.