Improving Magnetic Properties of BiFeO<sub>3</sub>-BaFe<sub>12</sub>O<sub>19</sub> Solid Solution by Different Sintering Time and Temperatures of Sol-Gel Method
Keywords:magnetic properties, magnetic energy, sol-gel method
Synthesis of BiFeO3-BaFe12O19 solid solution is aimed to enhanced magnetic properties of the material which can improve the quality of multiferroic properties of material. As we know that BiFeO3 is a multiferroic material if it is in single phase but unfortunately it is difficult to produce BiFeO3 in single phase, which can cause a large current leakage arising from non stoichiometric. It used sol gel method to produce BiFeO3-BaFe12O19 solid solution with weight ratio of 1;1. To know magnetic properties, it was used permagraph test which is type of MPS magnet â€“ Physic EP3 â€“ Permagraph L . The sintering temperature was 750, 800 and 850oC for 8, 10 and 12 hours respectively. There is no regularity in increasing and decreasing of remanent and coersivity properties with increasing sinter temperatures and time of sintering but there is an increasing magnetic energy with increasing sinter temperatures and time of sintering. The highest value of magnetic energy, 10.716 GkA/mÂ belongs to powder sintered at 850oC for 12 hours.
M.Zhong N, P, Kumar, E. Sagar, Z. Jian, H. Yemin, P>V. Reddy, â€œStructural Magnetic and Dielectric Properties of Y Doped BiFeO3â€, Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 173, pp.126-131, 2016.
Y.Chen, W.Y. Xing, Q. Yun, W. Gao, C.H. Nie, S.F. Zhao, â€œEflects of Ho, Mn, Co-Doping on Ferroelectric Fatigue of BiFeO3 Thin Filmsâ€, Electronic Materials Letters, vol. 11, pp. 601-608, 2015
Y.X. Sun, X. Y. Liu, Y. Zeng, W. Yan, D.Q. Shi, H.R. Liu, â€œPhotovoltaic Eflects in Polarized Polycrystalline BiFeO3 Filmsâ€, Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 44, pp. 4207-4212, 2015
H. Y. Dai, I. Chen, T.Li, D.W. Liu, R.Z. Xue, H.W. Xing, et al, â€œEflects of BaTiO3 Doping on The Structural , Electrical and Magnetic Properties of BiFeO3 Ceramicsâ€, Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Electronics, vol. 26, pp. 3717-3721, 2015
Y.I. Ren, Z.H. Zhu, I.L. Zhu, I.G. Zhu, D.Q. Xiao, â€œComparative Study of Mn3+ and Mn2+ Doping Effects on Structure and Electrical Properties of BiFeO3, Thin Filmsâ€, Ceramics International, vol. 41, pp. S234-S239, 2015
J. Liu, Y.Qin, X.Q. Liu, X.M. Chen, â€œDielectric Characteristics in BiFeO-Modified SrTiO, Incipient Ferroelectric Ceramicsâ€, Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 32, 2015
J. Li. H. Zhang, Y. Liu, G. Ma, Q.Li, â€œLow-Temperature co-fired Ni-Ti co-Substituted Barium Ferritesâ€ Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 50, pp. 173-178, 2015
R. Dahiya, A. Agarwal, S. Sanghi, A. Hooda, P. Godara, â€œStructural Magnetic and Dielectric Properties of Sr and V Doped BiFeO Multiferroics, â€œJournal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 385, pp. 175-181, 2015
F.Esat, T.P. Comyn, A.J. Bell, â€œMicrostructure Development of BiFeO-PbTiO, Films Deposited by Pulsed Laser Deposition on Platinum Substratesâ€, Acta Materialia, vol. 66, pp 44-53, 2014
S.M.H. Khalkhali, M.M. Tehranchi, S.M. Hamidi, â€œPhoto-magnetic Assisted Ferroelectric Polarization in Magneto-Electric BiFeO-BaTiO Thin Filmâ€, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 355, pp.188-191, 2014
D. Suastiyanti, Ismojo, M. Wijaya, â€œMagnetic Properties of Magnesium Doped Bismuth Ferrite as Multiferroic Material Produced by Sol-Gel Method at Low Temperatureâ€, International Journal of Advanced Research, 5(5), pp. 1954-1963, 2017.
D. Suastiyanti, S. Yatmani, M. Wijaya, â€œMagnetic Properties of Nanomagnetic Material Based on BaTiO3 and BiFeO3 with Variation of Temperatures and Times of Sinteringâ€, IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics: Conf. Series 1153 (012052), 2019
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.