The Effect of Milieu Therapy towards Knowledge of Caregivers and Relaps Response Patients Mental Disorders in Hospital
Keywords:Milieu therapy, knowledge, attitude, recurrence
AbstractPatients with mental disorder need the regularly strong support system from their surroundings, one of the support system that most closely is the family including the parents and other people that live together with the clients. Knowledge of Caregivers about carrying patients with mental disorders is very important. Sometimes they faced some troubles because lack of knowledge how to care patient with the mental disorder,Â This research aim is to know the effectiveness of milieu therapy toward Caregivers knowledge, attitudes, and the response of the recurrence for patients with mental disorder. The research methodology used a quasi-experiment pretest and posttest design.Â Using by purposive samplingÂ 35 respondents were involved in this study. The research took place in Jakarta, Indonesia. The results of research is that the knowledge of caregiver before and after the intervention of the very means where the P value, 0.000, There is no difference about attitudeÂ caregivers before and after the intervention towards occurrence with P value is 0,402, There is a difference before and after intervention of caregiver to the patient for doing milieu therapy with p-value 0.000. Conclusion: Milieu therapy made the patient with mental disorder having activities in their daily living, so there is no time for thinking the past days that made recurrence.
Riset Kesehatan dasar. Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan. Kementerian Kesehatan, 2013
Beck, R.W. Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing A Holistic Life Cycle Approach. Third ed. Mosby
Rasmun, Keperawatan Kesehatan Mental Psikiatri terintergrasi dengan Keluarga. Sagung seto. 2001
Kementerian Kesehatan Indonesia Republik Indonesia. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia 2012. Jakarta: Kementerian
Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2014.
Sari. R.N. Pengaruh komunikasi terapeutik terhadap kemampuan mengendalikan marah pasien. Sagung
Fitria, Nita. Buku Ajar Keperawatan Jiwa. Salemba Medika.2009
Yosep Iyus. Mental Nursing. Refika Aditama. Bandung 2007
Maramis, W.F. Catatan Ilmu Kedokteran Jiwa.Airlangga University Press.1995
Friedman, Marilyn M. Buku Ajar keperawatan Keluarga. Riset, Teori, Praktek. Jakarta. EGC. 2010
Carson, V.B. Mental Health Nursing: The nurse - patient journey 2nd ed Philadelphia; WB. Saunders
Armiyadi.M. 19. Armiyadi.M. Milieu therapy how to implement it in Aceh Mental Hospital
Stuart, W Gail. Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing, 9 ed Evolve 2005
Stuart, Gail and Laraia. Buku Saku Keperawatan Jiwa edisi 3 , EGC Jakarta. 2005
Soetjiningsih. Tumbuh Kembang Remaja dan Permasalahannya. Jakarta. Sagung Seto, 2010
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.