The Relation between Knowledge of HIV-AIDS, Attitude, Behavior and the Incidence of STIs in Housewives in Bukittinggi City, West Sumatra Province 2013
Keywords:Knowledge and behavior, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Housewives,
This study aims to determine the relationship between theknowledge ofHIV-AIDS, attitude and behavior of housewives and the occurence of Sexually Transmitted Infections. Some knowledgesabout HIV-AIDS are namely the way of transmission, prevention, correct perception, and comprehensive knowledge. This study uses a quantitative method. The results of the study show that there is no correlation between knowledge of HIV-AIDS with the occurence of sexually transmitted infections. The factor associated with sexually transmitted infections is behavior. Predecessor factors and husband's behavior also affect the incidence of sexually transmitted infections. Respondents with higher levels of education, more mature age of sexual activity, non-risky sexual behavior will be able to reduce the occurence of STIs.
WHO. Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). [Online] 2012. [Cited on: 18 10 2012]
Department of Health. Profil ditjen PPM & PL Depkes. Jakarta: Directorate General of Disease Control and Environmental Health, Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, 2009.
Ministry of Health. Laporan Surveilans AIDS April-Juni.. Jakarta: P2PL 2011.
â€”. Pedoman Nasional Penanganan Infeksi Menular Seksual. Jakarta: Balitbangkes, Ministry of Health, 2011.
Department of Health. Riskesdas Sumatera Barat tahun 2007. Jakarta: Balitbangkes, Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, 2009.
KPPPA.Infeksi Menular Seksual dan Infeksi Saluran Reproduksi.s. Jakarta: Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection of Indonesia, 2008.
â€”. Pedoman Pelaksanaan Hari AIDS Sedunia Tahun 2012: Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection of Indonesia, 2012.
Health Office. Profil Kesehatan Kota Bukittinggi Tahun 201. Bukittinggi: Department of Health Bukittinggi, 2012.
Gani, Y.Hubungan Pengetahuan, Sikap Dan Perilaku Terhadap Kejadian IMS Pada Ibu Rumah Tangga Di Kota Bukittinggi Propinsi Sumbar Tahun 2013. Depok: Faculty of Public Health (Thesis), 2013.
Jendri, Ni Made.Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Kejadian ISR di Klinik IMS Puskesmas Pasar Minggu Tahun 2008. Depok: Faculty of Public Health (Thesis) 2008.
Irene.Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Kejadian ISR Pada Istri Truk Tangki Pada 2 Perusahaan di Provinsi Sumatera Barat tahun 2005. Depok: Facultyof Public Health (Thesis), 2005.
Dachlia, Dini.Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Perilaku Seksual Berisiko Terinfeksi HIV Pada Pelaut/Pekerja Pelabuhan di Jakarta, Manado, dan Surabaya (Analisis Data Survei Surveilans Perilaku 1999). Jakarta: Public Health Sciences, Post Graduate Program, University of Indonesia (Thesis), 2000.
Lakollo, Fitriana Yuliawaty.Studi Kasus Perilaku Wanita Pekerja Seksual Tidak Langsung Dalam Pencegahan IMS, HIV dan AIDS di Pub dan Karaoke, CafÃ©, dan Diskotek di Kota Semarang (Tesis). Semarang: Master of Health Promotion, Post Graduate Program. Diponegoro University, 2009.
Crisovan, P. L.Risk Basicness Cultural Conceptions of HIV/AIDS in Indonesia. s.l. : University of Pittsburgh, 2006.
Department of Health. Rangkuman Surveilans Pria Berisiko Tinggi. Surveilans Terpadu-Biologis Perilaku. Jakarta: Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia 2007.
â€”. Situasi AIDS Terkini. Jakarta: PPPL 2011.
HIV and STD Prevalence, Risk Behaviors, and Stigma Againts People Living with HIV/AIDS. Cao, H. s.l. : Proquest, 2009, Vol. 74.
Men's Extramarital Sexuality in Rural Papua New Guinea. Wardlow, H. 1006, s.l. : American Journal of Public Health, 2007.
BPS and Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Survei Situasi Perilaku Berisiko Tertular HIV di Indonesia. Jakarta: CNS 2005.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.