The Juazeiro (<i>Ziziphus Joazeiro Mart.</i>) and the Formation of Concepts and Parameters in Chemical Technology Education
Keywords:Ziziphus Joazeiro, Experimentation, Contextualization, Teaching and learning, Chemistry education
Ranging from the northeast of Brazil to the north of Minas Gerais, in the region of the savanna, the popularly known JuÃ¡ or Juazeiro (Ziziphus Joazeiro Mart.) is a plant that has great potential medicinal, scientific and economic that can be used in order to contextualize the chemistry teaching that increasingly is becoming fragmented and full of gaps. The aim of this study is to suggest possible concepts and chemistry discipline of content that can be worked by analyzing the properties and benefits of Ziziphus Joazeiro. For it was made a bibliographic review of the plant's properties and their uses can be different and applications in chemistry classroom. There are many chemical concepts that can be worked through juazeiro. In this paper we present some of them such as polarity of the molecules, hydrophilic and hydrophobic substances, antioxidants, solubility, and others that can be studied. It is of great importance the study of plants of a region so threatened as the savanna. This study was the starting so that teachers start to change their way of teaching and find ways to enable student learning takes place in a positive and satisfactory.
Dantas D. L., Silva A. P. F., Santos F. A. C., Santos J. C. O., As Principais Abordagens da TemÃ¡tica Meio Ambiente no Ensino de QuÃmica, Blucher Chemistry Proceedings, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 43-48, 2015.
Santos J. C. O., Costa E. O., Lima R. C. S. L., AraÃºjo D. S., Sousa A. S., Alternative ways in chemistry teaching: Providing the creativity of high school students, Acad. J. Educ. Res., vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 069-074, 2016.
Oliveira R. J., Santos J. C. O., O Juazeiro e a GeraÃ§Ã£o de Conceitos QuÃmicos, Blucher Chemistry Proceedings, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 23-28, 2015.
Costa A. P., Santos J. C. O., Contextualizando a QuÃmica: O Uso de Plantas Regionais na ContextualizaÃ§Ã£o de Conceitos QuÃmicos, Blucher Chemistry Proceedings, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 35-37, 2015.
Santos J. C. O., Physico-Chemical and Thermal Analysis of the Favelone and By-Products (Cnidoscolus phyllacanthus), Research Journal of Agronomy, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 18-21, 2007.
Santos J. C. O., de Costa A. P., AraÃºjo A. L., Martins J. S., Chemistry and Sustainable Development: The Use of Brazilian Regional Plants in the Context of Chemical Concepts, Acad. J. Sci. Res., vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 276-278, 2016.
Santos J. C. O., Thermal Characterization of the Favelone Oil (Cnidoscolus phyllacanthus), Journal of Food Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 77-78, 2007.
Oliveira A. K., Coelho M. F. B., Maia S. S., Diogenes F. E. P., Filho S. M., Atividade AlelopÃ¡tica de Extratos de Diferentes Partes de Juazeiro (Ziziphus Joazeiro Mart. â€“ Rhamnaceae), Acta BrasÃlica, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 43-49, 2012.
Ribeiro B. D., Alviano D. S., Barreto D. W., Coelho M. A., Functional Properties of Saponins from Sisal (Agave sisalana) and juÃ¡ (Ziziphus joazeiro): Critical Micellar Concentration, Antioxidant Andantimicrobial Activities, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 123-132, 2013.
Silva T. C. L., Almeida C. C. B. R., Veras Filho J., Peixoto Sobrinho T. J. S., Amorim E. L. C., Costa E. P., AraÃºjo J. A., Atividades Antioxidante e Antimicrobiana de Ziziphus Joazeiro Mart. (Rhamnaceae): AvaliaÃ§Ã£o Comparativa entre Cascas e Folhas, Revista de CiÃªncias FarmacÃªuticas BÃ¡sica e Aplicada, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 34-42, 2010.
Lima J. F. L., Pina M. S. L., Barbosa R. M. N., JÃ³foli Z. M. S., A contextualizaÃ§Ã£o no Ensino de CinÃ©tica QuÃmica, QuÃmica Nova da Escola, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 26-29, 2000.
Subramanian, M., Gore, C. A., An Interventional Study on Change in the Knowledge of High School Students Regarding Ill Effects of Tobacco Use, Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 119-122, 2016.
Cunha M. B., Jogos no ensino de quÃmica: ConsideraÃ§Ãµes teÃ³ricas para sua utilizaÃ§Ã£o em sala de aula, QuÃmica Nova na Escola, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 92-98, 2012.
Santos J. C. O., Oliveira L. F. B., Lima V. C., Oliveira R. J., Melo F. M. A., Chemistry of Cosmetics: Using Contextualization and Interdisciplinarity as allowance for Chemistry Teaching, Acad. J. Educ. Res., vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 171-174, 2016.
Silva A. S., Silva R. J. D., Oliveira Junior J. C., Santos J. C. O., An Experimental Approach to Chemistry Teaching: Oxygenated Organic Function Identification Tests on Cosmetics, Acad. J. Sci. Res., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 069-074, 2016.
Sousa A. S., Silva A. S., AraÃºjo D. S., Silva R. J. D., Costa E. O., Lima R. C. S., Oliveira Junior J. C., Paula J. C. F., Santos J. C. O., O Pibid Contextualizando o Ensino de QuÃmica AtravÃ©s do Teatro, QuÃmica: ciÃªncia, tecnologia e sociedade, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 71-80, 2015.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.