Student Difficulties and Alternative Solutions in the Embedded System (ES) Subject
Keywords:Embedded System, Difficulties, Media, Internet of Things (IoT)
The goal of this research was to identify the issues that students have in the Embedded System (ES) course, as well as possible remedies. This study was carried out during the 2019/2020 academic year at Ujung Pandang State Polytechnic. A random sample of 23 students was chosen. A questionnaire was used to collect information. The findings revealed that: media used, mastery of the content, method used, literature or teaching materials used, and how to deliver are some of the factors of student learning difficulties in ES courses. The usage of media is a major element creating student learning difficulties in ES courses, according to some of the considerations. As a result, one suggested alternative is to use the Internet of Things. The use of IoT in ES course learning can reduce student learning difficulties.
Ajao, L., Agajo, J., Kolo, J., & Adegboye, M. (2016). Learning of embedded system design, simulation and implementation: A technical approach. American Journal of Embedded Systems and Applications, 3(3), 35–42. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.ajesa.20150303.12
Barua, A., Hoque, M. M., & Akter, R. (2014). Embedded Systems: Security Threats and Solutions. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), 03(12), 119–123.
Budijanto, A., Shoim, A., Elektro, P. T., Kartika, U. W., Buku, P., & Ajar, M. (2015). Prototipe Modul Pembelajaran Embedded System. 1–6.
Darmaliputra, A., & Hermawan, H. (2014). PEMBUATAN WEB SERVER BERBASIS RASPBERRY PI UNTUK KONTROL LAMPU DAN AC. CALYPTRA, 3(1), 1–18.
Dias Prihatmoko. (2016). PENERAPAN INTERNET OF THINGS ( IoT ) DALAM PEMBELAJARAN. Simetris, 7(2), 567–574.
Ding, N., Wang, Y., Dong, X., & Wang, F. (2017). Flipped Classroom Based on Micro Learning Resource in Experiment Teaching of Embedded System Design. 93(Cetcu), 37–40. https://doi.org/10.2991/cetcu-17.2017.9
Heath, T. A. (2011). Divergence Time Estimation using BEAST v2.∗ Dating Species Divergences with the Fossilized Birth-Death Process. Beast Tutorial.
Hikmawan, F. (2017). Perspektif filsafat pendidikan terhadap psikologi pendidikan humanistik. Sains Psikologi.
Ibrahim, I. (2015). Embedded Systems Pedagogical Issue: Teaching Approaches, Students Readiness, and Design Challenges. American Journal of Embedded Systems and Applications, 3(1), 1. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.ajesa.20150301.11
Ichsan, M. (2016). PSIKOLOGI PENDIDIKAN DAN ILMU MENGAJAR. JURNAL EDUKASI: Jurnal Bimbingan Konseling. https://doi.org/10.22373/je.v2i1.691
Jatmiko, W., Mursanto, P., Al Afif, F., Zaman, B., Rachmadi, M. F., Ma’sum, M. A., Sani, M., Wibowo, A., & Ramdhan, A. (2011). Implementasi Embedded Systems menggunakan Beagleboard: Prototipe Sistem Pengaturan Lalu Lintas (Issue January).
Junior, L. A., Neto, O. T., Hernandez, M. F., Martins, P. S., Roger, L. L., & Guerra, F. A. (2013). A Low-Cost and Simple Arduino-Based Educational Robotics Kit. Journal of Selected Areas in Robotics and Control (JSRC), 3(12), 12.
Lee, E. A., & Seshia, S. A. (2017). Introduction to Embedded Systems. A Cyber-Physical Systems Approach. Second Edition. In Studies in Systems, Decision and Control (Vol. 195).
Marwedel, P. (2006). Embedded system design. In Embedded System Design. https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-30087-2
Prastika, L. R., Hikmat, D., Si, M., & Waslaluddin, D. (2015). Pengaruh Penggunaan Multimedia Interaktif Berbasis Komputer Model Instructional Games terhadap Peningkatan Prestasi Belajar Siswa pada Mata Pelajaran Fisika. 2015(Snips), 397–400.
Sababha, B. H., Alqudah, Y. A., Abualbasal, A., & Al, E. A. Q. (2016). Project-based learning to enhance teaching embedded systems. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 12(9), 2575–2585. https://doi.org/10.12973/eurasia.2016.1267a
Saputra, R. H., & Hertanto, D. B. (2018). Media Berbasis Teknologi Internet of Things ( Iot ) Mata Pelajaran Teknik Mikroprosesor Di Kelas X Audio Video Smk N 3 Yogyakarta. E-Journal Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, 3, 131–138.
Toulson, R., & Wilmshurst, T. (2017). Embedded Systems, Microcontrollers, and ARM. In Fast and Effective Embedded Systems Design. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-100880-5.00001-3
Tsasis, P., Agrawal, N., & Guriel, N. (2019). An embedded systems perspective in conceptualizing Canada’s healthcare sustainability. Sustainability (Switzerland), 11(2), 1–11. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11020531
Tukadi, & Hakimah, M. (2017). Pembelajaran Embedded System Berbasis Arduino Mega 2560 dan MIT App Inventor. Inform : Jurnal Ilmiah Bidang Teknologi Informasi dan Komunikasi, 2(1). https://doi.org/10.25139/inform.v2i1.405
Wati, U. A. (2010). Pelaksanaan Pembelajaran yang kondusif dan efektif. Jurnal Pendidkan.
Widiyastuti, N., Slameto, S., & Radia, E. H. (2018). PENGEMBANGAN MEDIA PEMBELAJARAN INTERAKTIF MENGGUNAKAN SOFTWARE ADOBE FLASH MATERI BUMI DAN ALAM SEMESTA. Perspektif Ilmu Pendidikan. https://doi.org/10.21009/pip.321.9
Wiyono, K. (2017). Penggunaan Multimedia Interaktif Fisika Modern Berbasis Gaya Belajar Untuk Penguasaan Konsep Mahasiswa Calon Guru. Jurnal Pendidikan Fisika Dan Keilmuan (JPFK), 1(2), 74. https://doi.org/10.25273/jpfk.v1i2.15
Zarpelão, B. B., Miani, R. S., Kawakani, C. T., & de Alvarenga, S. C. (2017). A survey of intrusion detection in Internet of Things. In Journal of Network and Computer Applications. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2017.02.009
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Nurhayati, Husain Syam, Muhammad Yahya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.