An Analysis on the Importance of Medicinal Garden as Teaching Resource in A School in Northeast of Brazil
Keywords:School Garden, Interdisciplinary, Didactic resource
The objective of this study was to analyze the teachers' view on the importance and the use of a medicinal garden in a public school in a city in northeastern Brazil. It was analyzed how this resource can contribute as a didactic material for the interdisciplinary practice in basic education. The school garden was planted in the second half of 2014, through an intervention project promoted by the University of Pernambuco's Program of Initiation to Teaching (PIBID) Program, linked to the Coordination of Improvement of Higher Education Personnel of the Government of Brazil (CAPES). A semi structured questionnaire was applied to thirteen teachers at the school. The results obtained in the interviews showed the teachers' lack of interest regarding the use of the school garden. Even so, most teachers recognize the importance of the school garden as a didactic resource. With this study it was possible to observe that any project of intervention in the schools requires that the teachers are ready to use it. It is necessary to create a teacher training plan. Alternative teaching tools show themselves as stimulating actions in learning and as an efficient didactic resource in modern school.
Ataide,M.C.E.S ; Silva,B.V.C. As metodologias de ensino de ciÃªncias: contribuiÃ§Ãµes da experimentaÃ§Ã£o e da histÃ³ria e fisiologia da ciÃªncia. HOLOS, 27 (4): p.171 - 181. 2011.
Barbosa, N.V.S . Caderno1 â€“ A HORTA ESCOLAR DINAMIZANDO O CURRÃCULO DA ESCOLA. 3. Ed. MEC: BrasÃlia. 118p. 2009
Barros, A.T. ImplantaÃ§Ã£o de uma Horta medicinal como estratÃ©gia de educaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental em Escolas PÃºblicas de Patos- PB, Brasil. BIOFAR. 05 (2): p. 73-82. 2011.
Campello.B .S. INTRODUÃ‡ÃƒO AO CONTROLE BIBLIOGRÃFICO. 2 ed. BrasÃlia DF: Briquet de Lemos/Livros. 54 p. 2016.
Cascino, F. EDUCAÃ‡ÃƒO AMBIENTAL: PRINCÃPIOS, HISTÃ“RIA, FORMAÃ‡ÃƒO DE PROFESSORES, 2Âº ed. SÃ£o Paulo: Editora SENAC, 23p. 2000.
CRIBB, S. L. P. ContribuiÃ§Ãµes da EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental e Horta Escolar na promoÃ§Ã£o de melhorias ao Ensino, Ã saÃºde e ao Ambiente. REMPEC. Rio de Janeiro, v3, n. 1, p. 42-60. 2010.
Fernandes, M. C. A. A HORTA ESCOLAR COMO EIXO GERADOR DE DINÃ‚MICAS COMUNITÃRIAS, EDUCAÃ‡ÃƒO AMBIENTAL E ALIMENTAÃ‡ÃƒO SAUDÃVEL E SUSTENTÃVEL. Projeto PCT/BRA/3003 â€“ FAO e FNDE/MEC: BrasÃlia. 2005.
Medeiros, L. G. Pressupostos teÃ³ricos sobre o ensino de CiÃªncias Naturais no ensino fundamental Ih: Guerra, R. A .T. et al (org). METODOLOGIA E INSTRUMENTAÃ‡ÃƒO PARA O ENSINO DE CIÃŠNCIAS NATURAIS. JoÃ£o Pessoa: UniversitÃ¡ria, p. 165- 172. 2010.
Morgado, F.S.A horta escolar na educaÃ§Ã£o na educaÃ§Ã£o ambiental e alimentar: experiÃªncia do Projeto Horta Viva nas escolas municipais de FlorianÃ³polis. (MONOGRAPH). Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina â€“ SC 2006.
Morgado, F. Da S.; Santos, M. A. A. A horta escolar na educaÃ§Ã£o ambiental e alimentar: ExperiÃªncia do projeto horta viva nas escolas municipais de FlorianÃ³polis. EXTENSIO â€“ Revista EletrÃ´nica de ExtensÃ£o, n. 6, p. 1-10. 2008.
Oliveira, L.C.M. Horta Escolar: A realidade das escolas de Araras â€“ SP. ESPECIALIZATION MONOGRAPH. Universidade tecnolÃ³gica Federal do ParanÃ¡. Medianeira, 43p. 2014.
Paviani, J. INTERDISCIPLINARIDADE: CONCEITOS E DISTINÃ‡Ã•ES. 2Âº ed. Caxias do Sul, RS: Edus, 131p. 2008.
Rivarrossa de Polop, A. EI Ã¡rea de ciÃªncias naturais: concepciones epsistemolÃ³gicas y diÃ¡logo pedagÃ³gicos. CUARTAS JORNADAS NACIONALES DE ENSIÃ‘ANZA DE LA BIOLOGIA â€“ Memorias CÃ³rdoba: A sociaciÃ³n de Docentes de CiÃªncias BiolÃ³gicas de la Argentina, p.46-59. 1999
SantomÃ©, Jurjo. GLOBALIZAÃ‡ÃƒO E INTERDISCIPLINARIDADE â€“ O CURRÃCULO INTEGRADO. Porto Alegre: Editora Artes. Medicas Sul Ltda. 275p.1998.
Souza, M.Ve.J.; Valter, A.D.; Freitas-Filho, J. R.; Almeida, M.A.V. UtilizaÃ§Ã£o de situaÃ§Ã£o de estudos como forma alternativa para o ensino de fÃsica . pesquisa em educaÃ§Ã£o em ciÃªncias. ENSAIO. Vol.11,nÂº 1. P. 1-15. 2009.
Theisen, G.R.; Borges, G.M.; Vieira, M.F.; Konflanz, T.L.; Neis, F.A.; Siqueira, A.B. ImplantaÃ§Ã£o de uma horta medicinal e condimentar para uso da comunidade escolar. REGET V. 19, n. 1, jan.- abr. p.167-171. 2015.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.