Crime against Women: With Reference to Recent Incidents in Tamil Nadu
Keywords:Crime, women, TamilNadu
A Committee on empowerment on women this year rapped the Government for failing to formulate a concrete action plan to prevent the â€œastronomicalâ€ increase in incidents of sexual abuse and creating a safe environment for women. Considering the fact that there would not be any noticeable impact in issuing advisories to the States, specific modalities should be worked out and implemented by the Government. This paper tries to attempt to show the increasing trend in crimes against women inÂ TamilNadu in recent years and the relevant measures to be taken by the State.
â€¢ Ramadhar Singh et alâ€Crime against women and punishment goals:Social order and country Moderate public protest effectâ€-IIMB ManagementReview,vol26,Issue2,June2014,pp82-90
â€¢ Syed Emdabul Haque, Habibul Ahsanâ€™â€™Human Rights Violations Against Women:Acid Violence in Bangaladeshâ€ American Journal of Preventive Medicine,Vol 46,issue 2 Feb2014,pp 216-217.
â€¢ Anant Kumar et al,â€Violence against Women and Mental Healthâ€,vol1,issue1,Dec2013 Pp 4-10
â€¢ NationalCrime Records Bureau.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.