The Analysis of Communication Climate and Organizational Culture in Improving Regional Development Plannerâ€™s Performance (A Case Study on Education and Industrial Training Centre, Ministry of Industry Region I, Medan)
Keywords:Communication Climate, Organization Culture, Plannerâ€™s Performances
One role of Education and Industrial Training Centre (Ministry of Industry Region I Medan) is to improve the quality of human resources in the region. The study questioned how Communication Climate and Organization Cultureâ€™s affect in improving the performance of Regional Development Planner in Education and Industrial Training Centre (Ministry of Industry Region I, Medan). It is intended to analyze relation between communication climate and organizational culture in improving the performance of Regional Development Planner on Education and Industrial Training Centre (Ministry of Industry Regional I Medan). The sample consists of 267 respondents. The data was analysed by using descriptive and inferential statistic, Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS version 20) along with AMOS 16 was used to analyse the data. AMOS 16 was used to carry out exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses and the analysis of a structural equation model. The study shows that climate communication and organizational culture play an important role in improving the performance of planners in their practices.
Adisasmita, Rahardjo (2005) Dasar-Dasar Ekonomi Wilayah. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Graha Ilmu.
Ashkanasy, N. M., et al., ed. (2000). Handbook of organizational culture and climate. London: Sage Publications
Bernard, Cheter I (1982) Fungsi Eksekutif. Edisi Ketigapuluh, Jakarta: LPM dan Pustaka Binaan Presiden.
Blakely, Edward J (1994) Planning Local Economic Development Theory and Practice. Sage Publications.
Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan (1990) Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Jandeska, K.E. & Kraimer,M.L.(2005).Women's perceptions of organizational culture, work attitudes, and role-modeling behaviors. Journal of Managerial Issues, 17
Jhingan (2000) Ekonomi Pembangunan dan Perencanaan. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
Laporan Evaluasi Kinerja (2010) Balai Pendidikan dan Latihan Industri Departemen Perindustrian Regional I Medan.
Lubis, Suwardi (2005). Sampling, Medan: USU Press.
Nachrowi dan Suhandojo (2001) Analisis Sumber Dya Manusia, Otonomi Daerah, Pengembangan Wilayah: Sumber Daya Alam, Sumber Daya Manusia, dan Teknologi. Jakarta: Pusat Pengkajian Kebijakan Teknologi Pengembangan Wilayah BPPT.
Nawawi, Hadari (1997) Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Untuk Bisnis Yang Kompetitif. Yogyakarta: Gajah Mada University Press.
Rakhmat, Jalaluddin, 2001. Psikologi Komunikasi, Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.
Riyadi and Bratausumah D.S (2003) Perencanaan Pembangunan Daerah:Strategi Menggali Potensi Dalam Mewujudkan Otonomi Daerah. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.
Santoso, Singgih (2007) Structural Equation Modelling. Konsep dan Aplikasi Dengan AMOS. Jakarta: Elex Media Komputindo.
Sirojuzilam dan Kasyfull Mahali (2010) Regional: Pembangunan, Perencanaan, dan Ekonomi. Medan: USU Press.
Supriyadi, Gering dan Triguno (2001) Budaya Kerja Organisasi Pemerintah. Jakarta: LAN.
Todaro M dan Smith (1998) Pembangunan Ekonomi di Dunia Ketiga. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga.
Usman (2004) Manajemen/Strategik. Modul Perkuliahan, Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.