Communication Transformation Process of Organization Culture in Creating Identity and Image: An Analysis of Fantasy Theme in Kertarajasa Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (Buddha Religion College Institution) of Batu - Indonesia
Keywords:Organizational culture, organizational identity, organizational image, symbolic convergence theory, the fantasy theme analysis, humanist value
This research analyzes the process of transforming the communication oganizational culture in Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (STAB) Kertarajasa in shaping/establishing identity and image. Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (STAB) is the Buddhist college which aims to produce educators or the Buddhist teacher. The purpose of this research is to find out and of the content of organization culture and organization culture transformation process in shaping/establishing the identity and image of the organization trough the symbolic convergence theory Ernest Bormann (1985). On the symbolic convergence theory, there is Fantasy Theme Analysis, and there are four type of fantasy theme analysis namely; fantasy theme, fantasy chain, fantasy type and rhetorical vision. The result showed that the culture, identity, also the organization image formed trough the Buddhist philosophy contained on the fantasy theme analysis. The Buddhist philosophy became organizational culture at Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (STAB) Kertarajasa or Kertarajasa Buddhist College shown trough fantasy themes thatÂ emphazise on humanity value of the relationship among the human being such as; (1) the respect value of respecting the person deserves to be respected; (2) the value of the pancasila Buddhist i.e avoidance of things that are not permitted; (3) the value of not to do evil and always add the virtues; (4) the value to keep humanizing the human; (5) the dedication value as the form of the highest giving.Â The humanistic value as the fantasy themes in which becomes organizational culture at the Kertarajasa Buddhist College apparently turns out to be a fantasy chain, that gives symbolic cue, the understanding concept as well as the applicative concept in forming the organization identity. Furthermore, the culture and identity of Kertarajasa Buddhist College has become aÂ rhetorical vision that is known and thrive on the local community, thus forming the organization image that emphasize on the humanist value of the Buddhist College. Lastly, the humanist value at the Kertarajasa Buddhist College also shown trough the samanera and athasilani program that is not only emphasize on theory but also the practice of the Buddhism itself. It has established an identity as well as the typical imageryÂ so that it distinguish the Kertarajasa Buddhist College with the other Buddhist College. Therefore, it can be concluded that the humanist values of the human relationships as a Buddhist philosophy and Buddhist Culture has been transformed into organizational philosophy and culture which establish the organizational identity and image in Kertarajasa Buddhist College.
Alma, Buchari. (2005). Manajemen pemasaran dan pemasaran jasa. Alfabeta. Bandung.
Abratt, Rusell. (1989). A New Approach To The Corporate Image Management Process: Journal of Marketing Management. 1. 63-76.
Bulut, Diren. (2009). Corporate Social Responsibility and Art. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal. 20. 311-320.
Bungin, M. Burhan. (2003). Data Penelitian Kualitatif : Pemahaman Filosofis dan Metodologis ke Aarah Penguasaan Model Aplikasi. PT Rajagrafindo Persada. Jakarta.
Bussell, E Robert. (1966). Encyclopedia of Buddhism, Volume 2. Macmillan Reference: USA.
Dhammadiro (2005). Paritta Suci: Kumpulan Wacana Pali untuk Upacara dan Puja. Yayasan Sangha Theravada Indonesia. Jakarta.
Doise, Michelle. (2008). An Integration of Corporate Culture And Strategy : The Inter Relationships And Impact On Firm Performance. UMI Microform. Copyright2008 by ProQuest LLC.
Flat J. Syllvia and Kowalczyk J. Stanley. (2008). Creating Competitive advantage Through Intengible Assets: The Direct And Indirect Effect of Corporate Culture and Reputation. Advance In Competitive Researchness. 16. 13-30.
Geertz, Clifford. (1992). Kebudayaan dan Agama. Kanisius: Yogyakarta
Hatch, J. H. Schultz. M. (2003). Bringing the corporation into corporate branding. European Journal of Marketing. 37. 1041-1064
Jaakson, Krista, Reino, Anne, and Motsmees, Pille. (2011). Is There A Coherence Between Organizational Culture And Changes In Corporate Social Responsibility In An Economic Downturn?. Baltic Journal of Management. 7. 202-216.
Krames A. Jeffrey. (2003). What The Best CEO Know 7 Exceptional Leaders and Their Lesson for Transforming Any Business: The Mc Hills Company Inc.
Masmuh, Abdullah. (2010). Komunikasi Organisasi dalam Perspektif Teori dan Praktik. UMM Press: Malang
Mulyana, Dedy (2001) Komunikasi Organisasi: Strategi Meningkatkan Kinerja Perusahaan. Terjemahan. PT Remaja Rosdakarya: Bandung.
Mulyono, Sumardi. (1982). Penelitian Agama, Masalah dan Pemikiran. Pustaka Sinar Harapan: Jakarta.
Nguyen, Nha and Gaston Leblanc. (2002). Contact Personnel, Physical Environment and Perceived Corporate Image of Intangible Services by New Clients: International Journal of Service Industry Management 13. 242-262.
Pace, Wayne, Faules. Don. (2001). Komunikasi Organisasi: Strategi Meningkatkan Kinerja Perusahaan. Terjemahan. PT Remaja Rosdakarya: Bandung.
Ruslan, Rosady. (2003). Metode Penelitian Public Relations dan Komunikasi.PT Rajagrafindo Persada : Jakarta.
Radomir, Lacramioara. (2014). Corporate Reputation, Image and Identity: Conceptual Approaches. International Conference Marketing from information to decision. 7. 219-229.
Suryadi, Israwati. (2010). Teori Konvergensi Simbolik. JURNAL ACADEMICA Fisip Untad. 2. 426-437.
Stanley, J. (2008). Creating Competitive Advantage Through Intangible Assets: The Direct and Indirect effect of Corporate Culture and Reputation: Advances in Competitiveness Research. 16. 13-30.
Tim Penyusun. (2012). Buku Pedoman Studi Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (STAB) Kertarajasa. Batu.
Tim Penyusun. (2010). Tugas Pokok dan Fungsi Sekolah Tinggi Agama Buddha (STAB) Kertarajasa. Batu.
Utaminingsih, Alifiulahtin. (2014). Perilaku Organisasi Kajian Teoritik dan Empirik Terhadap Budaya Organisasi gaya Kepemimpinan, Kepercayaan, dan Komitmen. UB Press: Malang.
Van Riel, Cees, Charles J. Fombrun. (2007). Essentials of Corporate Communication: Implementing Practices for Effective Reputation Management. Routledge-Taylor & Francis e-Library: USA.
Wach, Jajachim. (1984). Ilmu Perbandingan agama. CV Rajawali: Jakarta.
Wirawan. (2007). Budaya dan Iklim Organisasi: Teori aplikasi dan Penelitian. Salemba Empat: Jakarta.
Yao, Lin Hui. (2012). The Effects Of Marketing Strategies On Customer Value Of An Enterprise â€“ With Corporate Culture As The Moderator. International Journal of Organizational Innovation. 4. 196-210.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.