Simulation and Analysis of Edge-Coupled Band Pass Filter for Ku Band Application
Keywords:microstrip, edge coupled, chebyshev band pass filter, ku band spectrum
In this paper, an edge-coupled microstrip band pass filter using Ansoft designer is proposed. The filter is operated at Satellite downlink frequency for 12.2-12.7 GHz & the filter is designed on Roger RO6006 substrate with dielectric constant of 6.45, with dimension conductor thickness 0.035 mm and substrate height 0.787 mm. The proposed filter is designed at a center frequency of 12.45 GHz. In this paper, third order band pass filter development with the assistance of the Richards-Kuroda Transformation method is used. A comparison with filter designed on stripline technology is also presented.
R. J. Cameron, C. M. Kudsia, and R. R. Mansour, Microwave filters for communication systems : fundamentals, design, and applications. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
D. M. Pozar, â€œMicrowave Engineeringâ€, Second Edition, Wiley and Sons, 1998.
D. Yingjie, P. Gardner, P. S. Hall, H. Ghafouri-Shiraz, and Z. Jiafeng, "Multiple-coupled microstrip hairpin-resonator filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., vol.13, no.12, pp. 532- 534, December 2003.
T.Weller,â€Edge-coupled coplanar waveguide bandpass _lter design," in IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 2000.
T.Michael S. Flanner, â€œMicrowave filter design: Coupled line filter,â€ California State University, Chico project by Spring 2011.
. Mudrik Alaydrus, â€œDesigning Microstrip Bandpass Filter at 52.2 GHz,â€ International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 71-83, 2010.
Hnin Yu Wai, Zaw Min Naing, Kyaw Soe Lwin and Hla Myo Tun â€œDesign and Simulation of Edge-coupled Stripline Band Pass Filter for Ka Band Application â€International Conference on Trends in Electrical, Electronics and Power Engineering (ICTEEP'2012) July 15-16, 2012 Singapore.
Pawan Shakdwipee, Kirti Vyasâ€ Design Edge-Coupled Stripline Band Pass Filter at 39 GHz" International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2013.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.