Lights of the Vehicles and the Road Traffic Safety
Keywords:Illumination distance, visibility, sight distance, headlamp
The article deals with the issue of lighting of the vehicle and its influence of the origin of traffic accidents in poor visibility, or dark. The first part is focused on the analysis of the accident under different weather and light conditions. The second part introduces the definitions of the basic terms like aÂ illumination distance of headlamps, sight distance from the vehicle and visibility distance, that are closely linked with the issue of lighting of the vehicle and the recognition of the obstacles for poor visibility in the light of the headlamps. The experimental measures have been identified and the specific values of these distances and then numerically and graphically evaluated.
KASANICKÃ, G. ZÃ¡kon Ä. 8/2009 Z.z. o cestnej premÃ¡vke a o zmene a doplnenÃ niektorÃ½ch predpisov a jeho technickÃ½ vÃ½klad. [cit. 2014. 02. 20.] DostupnÃ© na: http://www.usi.sk/dokumenty/cestari/zakon.doc
UÄebnica pre autoÅ¡koly II., Vogel Media ISBN 80-968035-2-2
KALAÅ OVÃ, A. â€“ PAÄ½O, J.: DopravnÃ© inÅ¾inierstvo â€“ organizÃ¡cia a riadenie dopravy.
EDIS â€“ vydavateÄ¾stvo Å½U v Å½iline, 2003, 162 strÃ¡n. ISBN 80-8070-076-1
ONDRUÅ , J. HUDÃK, A. : SÃºdne inÅ¾inierstvo v odbore Doprava cestnÃ¡.
vyd. â€“ Å½ilina : Å½ilinskÃ¡ univerzita, 2013. â€“ 169 strÃ¡n. ISBN 978-80-554-0816-3
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.