Study and Valorization of Dovyalis Caffra Seeds
Keywords:Dovyalis caffra, seeds, valorization, fatty acid, sterol
In this present work, the characterization of Dovyalis caffra seeds (region Rabat-Morocco) was done through the identification and quantification of all components containing in the oil extracted from Dovyalis Caffra seeds including Fatty acid and sterol composition.
This characterization was carried out using a technical instruments gas chromatography, In one hand the mean values of fatty acid composition found in the oil extracted from Dovyalis caffra seeds was: Linoleic acid (C18:2) with 54.98 %, Palmitic acid (C16:0) with 21.36% and oleic acid (C18:1) with 12.17%, In the other hand, Î²-sitosterol is the major sterol in the oil.
The mean objective of this work is the valorization of Dovyalis caffra seeds.
:a- Â«Traitement et valorisation de dÃ©chets pulpe de caroube par macÃ©ration, sÃ©chage et broyage pour prÃ©parer divers produits alimentaires Â», A. BAHLOUL, M. KHLIFA, S. KITANE, Management et IngÃ©nierie des SystÃ¨me, ISSN : 2028-9421, Volume 1, p : 216-22, 2012.
b-Â« Nouveaux procÃ©dÃ©s de traitement et valorisation de graine de caroube par cuisson thermique en autoclave et sÃ©paration de l'Ã©pluchure par voie mÃ©canique Â», M. KHLIFA, A. BAHLOUL, S. KITANE, Management et IngÃ©nierie des SystÃ¨me, ISSN : 2028-9421, Volume 1, p : 55-60, 2012.
c- M. Khlifa, A. Bahloul.S. Kitane,Determination of chemical composition of carob pod (CeratoniaSiliqua L) and its morphological study.J.Mater.Environ. Sci. 4 (3) (2013) 348-353
d- M. Khlifa, A. Bahloul. S. Kitane, Optimization of hydrolysis of carob extract using response surface methodology.(Science Lib Editions Mersenne: volume 5,NÂ° 130608 ISSN 2111-4706).
e- Bahloul, M. Khlifa, S. Kitaneâ€œ, Effect of water treatment and optimisation of extraction applied to the carob pulpâ€ Asian Journal of Engineering and Technology (ISSN:2321-2462). Volume 01-Issue 03, August2013.
f-Brevet NÂ° 34635, (OMPIC) Casablanca, Maroc, FÃ©vrier 2012,A. BAHLOUL, M. KHLIFA, S. KITANE. Â« Traitement et valorisation de dÃ©chets pulpe de caroube par macÃ©ration, sÃ©chage etbroyage pour prÃ©parer divers produits alimentaires Â»
g- Brevet NÂ° 34636, (OMPIC) Casablanca, Maroc, FÃ©vrier 2012,M. KHLIFA, A. BAHLOUL, S. KITANE. Â« Nouveaux procÃ©dÃ©s de traitement et valorisation de graine de caroube par cuisson thermique en autoclave et sÃ©paration de l'Ã©pluchure par voie mÃ©canique Â»
: Anne-MetteRusch , Sara Agnole, â€œItoside A and 4-hydroxytremulacin from Dovyalis caffra and Dovyalis zeyheriâ€, ELSIVIER - Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 38 (2010) page 346.
: Rachel Griffiths, Don Sands, â€œNewsletter of the hut environmental and community associationIncâ€, Vol. 5, Part 2 Mar/Apr 2003 , page 8 .
:Wesonga, J.M.; T. Losenge, â€œSustainable horticultural production in the tropicsâ€, 3rd to 6th October 2001, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Juja â€“ KENYA, page 55.
: DortheJÃ¸ker, William Omondi, â€œSeed leafletâ€,Danida Forest Seed CentreNo. 27September 2000, page 1
: National Research Council. 2008, â€œLost crops of Africaâ€ Volume III: Fruits, Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press, 2008, page 103
: Departement Agriculture, Agriculture, forestry & fisheries â€œKei appleâ€, Page 1
:Hae. M and FunnahS.M , â€œEffects of various pre-sowing treatments on germination ofkeiapple (Dovyalis Caffra) seeds harvested at different maturity stagesâ€, Life Science Journal, 2011:8(S2) page 100.
: ManojkumarHadadare, and VijaySalunkhe , â€œ Simultaneous estimation of beta sitosterol and palmiticacid from methanolic extract of carallumaadscedensvarfimbriata by UV spetrophotometryâ€, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, July-September2013,Page No 226.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.