Reproductive Health Education in the Elderly
Keywords:reproductive health, elderly, knowledge, attidtudes
An understanding of reproductive health in the elderly, especially women, becomes so important because there are so many changes that occur when women enter old age. Decreasing reproductive health in women occurs when women enter menopause. For this reason, it is necessary to provide appropriate information to the elderly regarding the health of their reproductive system, to avoid health problems that threaten the overall condition of the body. This study aims to determine the effect of reproductive health education in the elderly. The research method used was quasi-experimental with non-randomized pretest-posttest group control design. The number of samples in this study was 62 people consisting of 32 people in the intervention group and 30 people in the control group. Data analysis in this study with paired t-test and independent. The results showed that there was a significant difference in knowledge of the elderly between the intervention group and the control group after the intervention (p-value = 0,000), so there were significant differences in the attitudes of Keywords: reproductive health education, elderly, knowledge, attitudes the elderly between the intervention and control groups, after the intervention (p = 0.008). The conclusion is that there is an influence of reproductive health education in the elderly on the knowledge and attitudes.
Susenas. Badan Pusat Statistik, 2017.
Sakernas, Badan Pusat Statistik, 2017
Infodatin (Pusat Data dan Informasi). Situasi Lanjut Usia di Indonesia. Kementrian Kesehatan RI. Jakarta, 2016
Lowdermilk, Perry & Cashion, Keperawatan Maternitas. Buku: 2, edisi 8. Jakarta : Salemba Medika, 2013
Hurlock, Psikologi Perkembangan : Suatu Pendekatan Sepanjang Rentang Khidupan. Jakarta: Erlangga, 2011
Erickson H Erik, Tahap perkembangan manusia Psikoseksual dan kepribadian, 2010. www.psichologymania.co.cc/../perkembangan-kepribadian-dan.html.
Arifah, Siti, Pengaruh Pendidikan Kesehatan dengan Modul dan Media Visual terhadap Peningkatan Pengetahuan dan sikap Wanita dalam menghadapi Menopause. Tesis. UNS Surakarta, 2010
Ismiyati, Pengaruh penyuluhan Kesehatan tentang Menopause terhadap Kesiapan menghadapi Menopause pada Ibu pre menopause di dusun Pandes, Bantul, Yogyakarta, 2013.
Notoadmodjo Soekidjo, Promosi Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilaku, Jakarta : PT Rineka Cipta, 2007.
M Rotem et al. A psicho-ducational Program for Improving Womenâ€™s Attitude and Copyng with Mneopause Symptom. JOGNN Vol.34. Issue 2, March 2006. http: doi.org/10.1177/0884217504274417.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.