Health Evaluation on Pilgrims Food in Hajj Dormitory Pondok Gede Jakarta
Keywords:Food Safety, Hygiene Sanitation, Knowledge of food health and environment
The implementation of pilgrimage is part of the health dimension that involves many people and requires special attention in the food supply because it has a great potential of outbreak of food poisoning. Therefore, it is necessary to hold food safety supervision so that the food consumed by the pilgrims meetsthe health requirements. The research methodology is descriptive, to describe the safety supervision activitieson the pilgrims food. The result of sanitation inspection on the catering environment showsthat 6 times (22%) did not meet health requirements. Laboratory test results showed 37.5% of food samples examined did not meet health requirements. So that it is necessary to optimizethe supervision by involving cross-sector control so that the food consumed by pilgrims does not cause foodborne illness.
Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Pedoman Penanggulangan KLB Tahun 2009. Jakarta : Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, 2009.
Surveillance for Foodborne Diseases Outbreaks. Olson, S. L., et al. 1-51, United States : Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 1997, Vol. 49.
Centre, United Nation Information. PBB Menekankan Pentingnya Keamanan Pangan dari Peternakan Hingga ke Penyajian pada Hari Kesehatan Sedunia. [Online] 08 04 2015. [Cited on: 18 12 2015.] http://unic-jakarta.org/2015/04/08/pbb-menekankan-pentingnya-keamanan-pangan-dari-peternakan-hingga-ke-penyajian-pada-hari-kesehatan-sedunia/.
Kusnoputranto, Haryoto dan Dewi Susana. Kesehatan Lingkungan. Depok : University of Indonesia, 2000.
Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Pedoman Pengamatan dan Penanggulangan Kejadian Luar Biasa di Indonesia. Jakarta : Ditjen PPM & PLP, 2010.
BPOM. Laporan Tahunan 2012 Badan Pengawasan Obat dan Makanan RI. Jakarta : BPOM RI, 2012.
Kontaminasi E. Coli pada Makanan dari Tiga Jenis Tempat Pengelolaan Makanan (TPM) di Jakarta Selatan 2003. Djaja, I. Made. Juni 2008; 36-41, Jakarta : Jurnal Makara Kesehatan, 2008, Vol. 12. 1.
Sugiyono. Statistika untuk Penelitian. Bandung : Alfabeta, 2011.
Sukmadinata, S. N. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Bandung : Remaja Rosdakarya, 2006.
Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Higiene Sanitasi Pangan. [Online] 2015. [Dikutip: 13 12 2015.] www.gizi.depkes.go.id.
Contaminated Weaning Food: A Major Risk Factor for Diarrhea and Associated Malnutrition. WHO. 79-92, Geneva : Bulletin of The World Health Organization, 1993, Vol. 71 (1).
WHO. Ninth programme report 1992â€”1993: Programme for control of diarrhoeal diseases. Geneva : s.n., 1994.
The Role of Food in The Epidemiology of Cholera. Albert, J., Neira M. dan Motarjemi Y. 111-118, s.l. : World Health Statistics Quarterly, 1997, Vol. 50 (1/2).
Chin, J. Control of Communicable Diseases Manual 17th. Washington DC : American Public Health Association, 2000.
Pattron, D. Quality Assurance and Food Service. New York : Scientific, 2004.
Arisman. Buku Ajar Ilmu Gizi Keracunan Makanan. Jakarta : EGC, 2009.
BPOM. Laporan Tahunan 2011 Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan RI. Jakarta : BPOM RI, 2011.
Pendidikan Gizi dengan Media Booklet terhadap Pengetahuan Gizi. Zulaekah, Siti. 102-107, s.l. : Kesehatan Masyarakat, 2012, Vol. 7 (2).
WHO. Penyakit Akibat Keracunan Makanan. [Online] 2015. [Cited on: 12 18, 2015.] http://www.searo.who.int/indonesia/publications/foodborne_illnesses-id_03272015.pdf.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.