Determination of Soil Strength Using 2D Geoelectric Methods and Direct Shear Test (Case Study in Istana Tidar Regency Housing â€“ Jember)
Keywords:geoelectrical resistivity, direct shear test, soil type, soil strength
Abstract2D geoelectrical resitivity measurement and direct shear test has been conducted to determine soil type and soil strength on land settlement Istana Tidar Regency housing, Jember. Resistivity measurement is conducted at two line that have latitude 08.10â€™102â€ â€“ 08.10â€™108â€ S, 113.43â€™404â€ â€“ 113.43â€™408â€ E (line 1) dan 08.10â€™102â€ â€“ 08.10â€™108â€ S, 113.43â€™410â€ â€“ 113.43â€™414â€ E (line 2). Soil specimen were taken at 3 point, 2 point at line 1 and 1 point at line 2. Based on result of 2D geoelectrical resistivity measurement and direct shear test, this location was dominated by clay, silt and sandy silt are included in the type of cohesive soils. Soil strength of this type is capable to support light bulding contruction one or two floors.
Bowles, J. E, Sifat-Sifat Fisis dan Geoteknis Tanah (Mekanika Tanah), Erlangga, Jakarta,1984.
Burger, H. R, Jones Craig H dan Sheehan, Anne F, Applied Geophysics: Exploring the Shallow Subsurface, New York: WW Norton, 2006.
Endah, N. Mekanika Tanah, Erlangga, Jakarta ,1985
Hardiyatmo, H. C, Analisis dan Perancangan FONDASI bagian 1, Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta: 2010.
Hardiyatmo, H.C, Mekanika Tanah 1 edisi 6, Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta, 2012.
Loke, M.H. Electrical Imaging Surveys For Environmental And Enginering Studies. Malaysia. Penang, 1999.
Montohar, A.S. Kuat Geser Tanah. Universitas Muhammadiyah, Yogyakarta:, 2009.
Nugroho, S.A. Korelasi Parameter Kuat Geser Hasil Uji Geser Langsung dan Uji Triaksial pada campuran tanah lempung pasir. , Jurusan Teknik Sipil Fakultas Teknik Universitas Riau, Riau, 2011.
Permana, U dan Sopyan, A, Penentuan Jenis Tanah Berdasarkan Resistivitasnya Menggunakan Metode Geolistrik Tahanan Jenis. Jurusan Fisika Fakultas Sain dan Teknologi, Universitas Islam Negeri Bandung, . 2013
Rohim, M. N., Subagio, H., dan Hidayah, N. Aplikasi Metode Geolistrik Sounding dengan Konfigurasi Pole-Pole Untuk Mengukur Resistivitas Bawah Permukaan Tanah dan Mengetahui Struktur Tanah. Malang: Universitas Negeri Malang, 2010.
Hunt,Roy E., Geotechnical Engineering Investigation Manual. Mcgraw Hill, New York, Hunt,Roy E.1984
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.