Effect of Exponential Temperature Variation on Frequencies of a Rectangular Plate of Non-linear Varying Thickness
Keywords:Exponentially temperature, non-linear, thickness variation, vibration, rectangular plate
The differential equation governing the transverse motion of elastic rectangular plate of non-linear thickness variation with thermal gradient has been analyzed on the basis of classical plate theory. Following Levy approach i.e. the two parallel edges are simply supported, the fourth-order differential equation governing the motion of such plates of non-linear varying thickness in one direction with exponentially temperature distribution, has been solved by using the quintic splines interpolation technique for two different combinations of clamped and simply supported boundary conditions at the other two edges. An algorithm for computing the solution of this differential equation is presented, for the case of equal intervals. Effect of the thermal gradient together with taper constants on the natural frequencies of vibration is illustrated for the first three modes of vibration.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.