The Effect of High Temperature Heating on Indentation Resistance of Cobalt Chromium Alloy Plates as Denture Labeling for Forensic Identification ( Research Report )
Keywords:High temperature, Heating, Denture labeling and CoCr plate
AbstractThe labeled denture is important to identify people who have memory loss or identify ofÂ bodies in mass disasters, mainly due to the fires. Denture labeling made of tinfoil or paper laminated, but this form can easily be damaged if exposed to high temperatures. Cobalt Chromium (CoCr)Â Alloy metal is resistant to high temperatures which has melting point 1150Âº-1500ÂºC, so that possibility can be used as a tool in identification.Â Purpose: To determineÂ indentation resistanceÂ ofÂ CoCr alloy plates on heating with high temperatures and be expected the use of its can be alternatives as denture labeling for forensic identification. Methods:Â Experimental Laboratory with sample form of plates made of CoCr metalÂ cast and measuring 30X10X2 mm, withÂ depth of indentation is 1.5 mm. The plates were heated with temperatures 400Âº, 800Âº,1050ÂºC andÂ duration 5 and 15 minutes in the preheatingÂ furnace machine. 42 samples were divided into 3 groups (temperature of heating) and each group was divided into 2 groups again (duration of heating). Results: The size of depth and width of indentation (mm) ofÂ plate for all groups, there was no significant difference between before and after heating, except in groups heating to a temperature of 1050Â°C for 15 minutesÂ (P<0.05). Conclusions: Heating with high temperature is not enough to make the plate damaged and deformed, so labeling indentationÂ can still be read clearly. The use of CoCrÂ plate can be alternatives as denture labeling.
. Prawestiningtyas E,agus MA. Identifikasi Forensic Berdasarkan Primer dan Sekunder sebagai Penentu Identitas Korban pada Dua Kasus Bencana Masssal. Jurnal Kedokteran Brawijaya,Vol.XXV, No.2, Agustus 2009.
. El-Ghohary MS, Khaled MS,Mohamed MES, Tamer MN. A New Denture Labelinf System as an Ante-Mortem Record for Forensic Identification. Mansoure J.Forensic Med. Clin. Toxicol. Vol. XVIII, No.2, pp. 67-69 , Juli 2009.
. Colvenkar Shreya S. Lenticular Card: A New Methode For Denture Identification. Indian J.Dent. Res; 21: pp.112-4, 2010.
. Nalawade Sonali N, Sanjay BL, Gangadhar SA, Aruna JB. A Simple and Inexpensive Bar-coding Technique for Identification. J Forensic Dent Sci; 3: pp. 92-4, 2011.
. Paventi J. Ingredients In Denture Cleaners, 2013 (cited 2014 march 24) Avalaible from: http://www.livestrong.com/ article/121826-ingredients-denture-cleaners/.
. Srinivasan Suganya, Chindrambaranathan AS, Balasubramanian M, Moni BM, Reddy RJ. Evaluation of The Efficaccy of Titanium Plates Denture Markers Unders Various Heat Sources and Pressure- an In vitro Study. J Forensic Dent Sci, Jan-April; Vol.7(1); pp. 59-62, 2015.
. Wataha JC, Alloys for Prosthodontic Restoration. J. Prosthet Dent, 87; pp. 351-63, 2002.
. Patidar KA, Parwani R, Wanjar S. Effect of High Temperature of Different Restorations in Forensic Identification: Dental Samples and Mandible. J Forensic Dent Sci Jan, Vol.2 (1); pp. 37-43, 2010.
. Bagdey SP, Moharil RB et al. Effect of Various Temperatures on Restored and Unrestored Teeth: A Forensic Study. J dental Forensic Dent Sci Jan;6(1): pp. 62-6, 2014.
.Alljabbar, Pemuaian. Dunia Fisika. 2008. (cited 2016 Oct 18). Avalaible from: https://alljabbar.wordpress. Com /2008 /03/30/pemuaian/ .
.Prihastari L . Dental Material : Bahan Logam dalam kedokteran gigi dan Mulut. ( cited 2016 Oct 25). Avalaible from: http://www.academia.edu/9995848/Dental-Material-Bahan-Logam-dalam-kedokteran-gigi-dan-Mulut.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.