Laboratory and Field Investigation Comparison for Seed Distribution Accuracy of a Multi-Rows Pneumatic Plate Metering Device
Keywords:Multi-rows pneumatic plate, laboratory and field test, seed preciseness
The aim of the study was to examine and compare the impact of laboratory and field trials on kernels distribution accuracy of a multi-rows pneumatic plate metering device. The effect of the two methods was verified at 15 and 20 r/min plate rotating speed integrated with most favorable values of 1.2 and 1.4 kPa vacuum pressures, respectively. A constant forward velocity of 2.7 km/hr was utilized for belt test and seed planter. Results exposed that vacuum amounts utilized with mentioned speeds were adequate for achieving precise seeding. Under both methods and speeds, laboratory attempts were found to be better in quality index than field trials with some propensity of 15 r/min to be superior. The lowest quality index obtained was 87.3% by field test, while worst miss and multiple indexes were 5.36% and 8.06%, respectively. Rows consistency CV was beneath 1.5% and the stability not surpassed 7.1%. Due to a set of factors confronting seed preciseness in the field, results concluded that more endeavors are robustly required to control such factors.
Prof. Liao Qingxi. University of Huazhong Agricultural University, College of Engineering, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, China. Research interest: Rapeseed Planting and Harvesting Technology.
Prof. Mohamed Ahmed Ali Omer. University of Gezira, Faculty of Agric. Sciences, Dept. of Agric. Engineering, Sudan. Research interest: Agriculture Power and machinery.
E-mail: Samigabir@gmail.com, Cell phone: +249912536245
Prof. Dr. Abdalla Suliman Abdalla. University of Gezira, Faculty of Agric. Sciences, Dept. of Agric. Engineering, Sudan. Research interest: Agricultural machinery management. E-mail: Cell phone: +249912363639
Prof. Osama Abbas MoheyEldin. University of Gezira, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Dept. of Agric. Engineering. Sudan. Research interest: Agricultural building and Environment. E-mail: email@example.com, Cell phone: +2499123808871
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Elebaid Jabir Ibrahim, Abdelkarim Dafalla Elfadil, Anas Dafaallah Abdallah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.