Assessing the Effectiveness of Periodontitis Treatment using Syzygium Aromaticum and Angelica Dahurica
Keywords:periodontitis, syzygium aromaticum, angelica dahuricaâ€¦
Objects: to assess the effectiveness of periodontitis treatment using syzygium aromaticum and angelica dahurica.
Methods: descriptive â€“ comparative design.
Results: the conditions of gum tissue was well improved after treatment. After 1-4 weeks of treatment, the percentages of good, medium and poor effectiveness were respectively 59.9%, 32.7%, 7.4%. OHI-S index was improved significantly after 1-4 weeks after treatment, the percentages of good, medium and poor effectiveness were respectively 68.8%, 22.3% and 8.9%. The decreasing of periodontal attachment loss after 1 and 4 weeks of treatment were respectively 0.11mm and 0.08mm (p>0.05). The decreasing of the depth of periodontal pocket after 1 and 4 weeks of treatment were respectively 0.32mm and 0.25mm (p>0.05).
Conclusions: Conservation treatment for periodontitis using the mouthwash extracted from syzygium aromaticum and angelica dahurica was remarkably effective in improving periodontal indexes, such as decreasing of the depth of periodontal pocket, improving the gum indexes and oral hygiene at the time after treatment.
Hai Thuong Lan Ong, Vietnamese Medicine, Ethnic Culture Publishing House.
Do Quang Trung (2000), â€œDental diseasesâ€, Odonto-Stomatology lectures, Hanoi Medical University, Medical Publishing House 2000, P.27- 32.
Yanling Geng, Jianhua Liu, Ruimin Lv, Jinpeng Yuan, Yunliang Lin, Xiao Wang, An efï¬cient method for extraction, separation and puriï¬cation of Eugenol from Eugenia caryophyllata by supercritical ï¬‚uid extraction and high-speed counter-current chromatography, 2007.
Professor Vo Van Chi â€œVietnam Medicinal Trees Dictionaryâ€ Medical Publishing House, published in 2011, page 45-56.
Cerritos Community College, Extraction and purification of Eugenol.
Le Thi Hang (2008), â€œComments on clinical features and initial treatment results periodontitis at National Institute of Odonto-Stomatologyâ€, medical master thesis, Ha Noi University of Odonto-Stomatology.
Do Quang Trung (2002), "New concept about dental diseases", Lecture notes of Hanoi Medical University, p15-21
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.