The Research on the Effect of Syrian Crisis on Forced Emigration: Kahramanmaras Case
Keywords:Syria, Crisis, War, Emigration, Forced
This study deals with forced migration caused by Syrian crisis and the effect of Syrian people who were forced to emigrate to KahramanmaraÅŸ on the socio-economic life of the city. In the field application performed via "Bogardus Social Distance Scale" within the framework of the research, it was found out that KahramanmaraÅŸ habitants welcomed Syrian people as guests and would treat them as guests during crisis although they didn't have any ideas regarding the end of crisis and they maintain the idea that Syrian refugees would not return to their country after the end of crisis.
â€¢ AFAD, Recent Developments in Housing Centers, http://www.afad.gov.tr/TR/Icerik Detay1.aspx?ID=16&IcerikID=848, Accessed Date: 31.01.2014.
AKÃ‡ORA, ErgÃ¼nÃ¶z. â€œMotherland's annexation of Hatay Place in Turkish Foreign Policyâ€, http://atam.gov.tr/hatayin-anavatana-ilhakinin-turk-dis-politikasindaki-yeri/, Accessed Date: 07.05.2013.
â€¢ BLACK, Ian. â€œSyria deaths near 100,000, says UN â€“ and 6,000 are childrenâ€ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/13/death-toll-syrian-conflict-93000,Accessed Date: 15.06.2013.
â€¢ BRADLEY, Megan. For Regional Stability, Help Syria's Internally Displaced, http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2013/06/12-internally-displaced-syria-bradley, Accessed Date: 17.06.2013.
â€¢ Ã‡ELÄ°KKAN, ErdinÃ§. Syrian Refugees Work Permit Approval, http://www.hurriyet.com. tr /ekonomi/22584058.asp, Accessed Date: 20.04.2013.
â€¢ FORCED MÄ°GRATÄ°ON: No Resolution in Sight For Syrians, Violent Outbreaks Displace Thousands across African Continent, http://www.migrationinformation.org /Feature/display.cfm?ID =919, Accessed Date: 20.04.2013.
â€¢ LEVENT, Hediye (2012). Syria Crisis Dynamics And Evaluation of The Actors, Journal of Middle East Analysis, Vol: 4, No: 44, pp.34-43.
â€¢ NUMBER of Syrian refugees Despite 1.5 Million Financing Deficit Continues to Beat, http://www.unhcr.org.tr/home.php?content=474, Accessed Date: 22.05.2013
â€¢ SARAÃ‡LI, Murat, â€œSize of the Forced Migration Crisis in Syriaâ€, http://mekam.org /mekam/suriye-krizinin-zorunlu-gÃ¶Ã§-boyutu, Accessed Date: 02.04. 2013.
â€¢ SYRIA, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and in Turkey Mass Vaccination Campaign Against Measles Outbreak, http://www.unicef.org.tr/tr/content/article/1420/suriye-urdun-lubnan-irak-ve-turkiye-deki-kizamik-salginina-karsi-kitlesel-asi-kampanyalari.html, Accessed Date: 02.05.2013.
â€¢ SYRIA. http://tr. wikipedi.org/wiki/Suriye, Accessed Date: 20.04.2013
â€¢ SYRIA violence against women: Breaking the Silence, http://www.fidh.org/Suriye-de-Kadina-karsi-siddet-Sessizligi-Kirmak-13136, Accessed Date: 05.05.2013
â€¢ SÃœLEYMANOV, Abulfez. Forced Migration and Psychological Effects, http://www.uskudar. edu.tr/ 176-zorunlu-goc-ve-psikolojik-etkileri.html, Accessed Date: 12.04.2013.
â€¢ ÅžÄ°MÅžEK, Åžerif, Akgemci, Tahir ve Ã‡elik, Adnan (2011). Introduction to Behavioral Sciences and Organizational Behavior, 7. Edition, Gazi Kitabevi, Ankara.
â€¢ ÅžÄ°MÅžEK, Åžerif, Akgemci, Tahir ve Ã‡elik, Adnan (2005). Introduction to Behavioral Sciences and Organizational Behavior, 4. Edition, AdÄ±m MatbaacÄ±lÄ±k, Konya.
â€¢ TÃœYSÃœZOÄžLU, GÃ¶ktÃ¼rk. Syria Why So Important? http://www.usak.org.tr/analiz _det.php ?id=17&cat=365366455#.UgDJb6x3_gU, Accessed Date: 22.04.2013.
â€¢ UNHCR, Syrian refugees in host countries are pushing for more international aid. http://www.unhcr. org.tr/?content=508, Accessed Date: 18.09.2013.
â€¢ USAK Reports, No: 13-04: "Border Between Life War Syrian Refugeesâ€ http://www.usak.org.tr/usak2.php?id=1&p=4, Accessed Date: 18.05.2013.
â€¢ 2 Million Refugees Have Resulted From The Conflict, http://www.crowdvoice.org /protests-in-syria/?infoboxId=27&tags=Displacement,
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.