The Contribution of NGOs to Promoting the Social Belonging of Palestinian Youth: A Study Applied to Youth Institutions in the Gaza Strip
Keywords:: civil institutions - social affiliation - youth.
The current study aims to determine the level of contributions of non-governmental organizations in enhancing the social belonging of young people Palestinian, the researcher used the sample social survey method through an electronic questionnaire applied to (384) young people who benefited from the services of civil institutions, the study tool was applied in the time period 4/12/2021 to 5/17/2021The study concluded that the contribution of civil institutions to all indicators of the concept of belonging came at an average level, as the highest indicators of the contribution of institutions to strengthening belonging were increasing youth's sense of stability and security, linking private goals For youth with the goals of the Palestinian society in general, while the lowest indicators were the contributions of institutions in enhancing youth participation in social life, and developing the youth’s ability to carry out duties and responsibilities towards their society for Palestinian youth. Scientific status, average income) among Palestinian youth, and the study recommended educating young people about the importance of a holistic view of society, Encouraging voluntary collective action, interest in research and studies interested in identifying the factors that affect youth affiliation, networking between civil society institutions to improve the reality of youth, crystallizing a future vision for the role of civil institutions, according to developments and societal and international changes within which work can be done.
Abdul Hamid, And others. (2005) The role of the basic school in developing the values of citizenship among students, Educational Research and Development Center, Republic of Yemen, p.: 20.
Abu Nile, H. (2010) Social affiliation, life satisfaction, and the value of reform as predictive variables of political participation, Arab Studies in Psychology, 9 (1), p. 115.
Al-Khdour, A. (2006). The development of the concept of belonging among Jordanian basic school students, unpublished doctoral dissertation, College of Graduate Studies, University of Jordan, pg.: 15.
Al-Khuzai, Al-Shamaila(2014). level of citizenship and affiliation Workers in Jordanian institutions, published scientific research, Deanship of Scientific Research / University of Jordan, p.: 347.
Al-Mutairi , L. (2009). The role of school radio programs in promoting the values of national belonging, College of Graduate Studies, Naif University for Security Sciences, p.:32.
Commando, p. (2015). The group’s practice of voluntary work and the increase of belonging to the group.” Journal of Studies in Social Work 39 (4), pp. 13-68.
Crisp ,B. (2010). Belonging, connectedness and social exclusion, Deakin University, Journal of Social Inclusion.
El Shaarawy, h. (2008). The effect of a multimedia program on enhancing the values of national belonging and environmental awareness among ninth grade students, unpublished master's thesis, College of Education, Islamic University, Gaza, pg.: 69.
Fathi, M. (2016). Civil society organizations and the promotion of belonging among young people.” Journal of the College of Social Work for Social Studies and Research, Vol. 4, pp. 11-27.
Hommerich, Tiefenbach.(2017). Analyzing the Relationship Between Social Capital and Subjective Well-Being: The Mediating Role of Social Affiliation. Published online: Springer Science- Business Media Dordrecht.
Ibrahim, M. (2013) The sense of identity and its relationship to belonging among a sample of school students Governmental and international, unpublished master's thesis, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University, p.: 11.
Jaber, Nawras. (2018). The impact of social pressures on the culture of belonging Al-Qadisiyah Journal of Arts and Educational Sciences 18 (3), pp. 252-274.
Kazem, Abdel-Hassan. (2018) The impact of social pressures on the culture of belonging, Al-Qadisiyah Journal of Arts and Educational Sciences18(3), pp. 275-291.
Mustafa, Bakr. (2013). Quality of life and its relationship to belonging and social acceptance among students The University, King Saud University Journal, p: 405.
Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (2019) Report on the situation of youth in the Palestinian society, International Youth Day, 08/12/2019, p.1.
Robert L. Barker, R . (1987). The Social Work Dictionary N.A.S. P : 108 .
Stéphane ,[et al].(2017). Social affiliation in same-class and cross-class interactions. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General,. 146. PP:269-285.
Suleiman, A. (2014). The role of the family in deepening the values of belonging and citizenship among young people. Journal of the College of Education, Al-Azhar University, 158 (3), p.:135.
Take over,M. (2017). The Impact of Touch Screen Games on Child Activities and Development in Early Childhood The Third International Conference: Faculty of Education, October 6 University, Vol. 5.
Tovar, E. (2013). A conceptual model on the impact of mattering, sense of belonging, Engagement/Involvement, and socio-academic integrative experiences on community college students' intent to persist. The Claremont Graduate University.p:17.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Ismail Mahmoud Al-Ruhal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.