Development of an Online Repository and Search Engine for Delsu Alumni
This research was aimed at developing a repository and a search engine for the alumni of the Delta State University, Abraka, which is of importance to a university. The Repository and Search Engine (RASE) is an Internet based application that can be accessed throughout the World. Anyone can access the search Engine to know about any Alumni of that college but cannot be able to add. Alumni members can only update the database when they are in the college, but they can update their basic record online anytime. The research also discussed the importance and benefits of an alumni association to the school and the members. The application was designed with asp.net, Dreamweaver and Microsoft access was used for the database design and served as the backend of the application.
â€¢ Anila F. and Waqar .U (2012), the Importance of Alumni Association at University Level in Karachi, Pakistan. Journal of Education vol 2(1): 25-30
â€¢ Kasarla .S and Ramesh .G (2012). Development of a Repository and Search Engine for Alumni of College Rase. Retrieved from http://1000projects.org/repository-and-search- engine- for-alumni-project.html.
â€¢ Ramesh G (2011). Benefits of Alumni Association. Retrieved on july 18th 2013 from: http://alumni.indiana.edu/ career/index.shtmp
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.