Main Inventory Management Elements on Reducing Storage Cost
Keywords:IM, inventory management, TS, transportation strategy, Kanban, card program to control materials
Industrial sector in Libya needs modernization process that will upgrade the level of its local industrial Companies, and allowing them to achieve the highest possible level to compete globally. Although there is no sufficient accounting information system in place to calculate the considerably high storage cost, this study pointed out some factors that might affect it. This study, based on an academic and theoretical literatures regarding the factors that believed to affect the process of reducing storage cost as well as conducting some statistical analyses to the study sample which are the workers and managers in mixing and mobilization factory in Zawia. The results shed the light on the number of indications, which can be generalizable to future research, for instance; choosing right suppliers, using Kanban, and purchasing contracts.Â
â€¢ Apod, N. N. (2001). Operation Management, General Institute Management, Researches Centres. Elriath Suadi Arabi.
â€¢ Alan, C. R. (2008). Inventory Improvement & Financial Performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 115(2), pp.581- 593.
â€¢ Anya, M. F. M. (2005), Inventory Management as Determinant for Improvement of Customer Service, University of Pretoria.
â€¢ Ballou, R. H. (2004). Business logistics/ Supply Chain Management. Planning Organization and Controlling the Supply Chain. 5 th Edition. Pearson Pren Hall. USA.
â€¢ Broyles, D., Beims, J., Franco, J., Bergman, M., (2006). Just In Time Inventory Management Strategy Overview: Kansas State University. USA.
â€¢ Bloomberg, D. G., Lemay, S. & Hanna, J. B. (2002). Logistics Prentice Hall. New Jersey. USA.
â€¢ Chase, R. B., Jacobs, F. R & Aquilano, N. J. (2004). Operation Management for Competitive Advantage. 10 th Edition. International Edition.M C Graw Hill.N Y.
â€¢ Cheng, L. C. (2011). Logistics Strategies to Facilitate Long Distance, Just In Time Supply Chain System. University of Huston, United States of America.
â€¢ Cox, J.F., & Spencer, M ( 1998). .The Constraints Management Handbook. Boca Raton, FL: St.Lucie Press.
â€¢ Gautam, R., Kumar, S., Singh, S. (2012). Kaizen Implementation in An Industry in India- A Case Study. IJRMET, 2(10).
â€¢ Gupta, A. K. (2011). A conceptual JIT Model of Service Quality. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 3. ( 3).pp. 2214-2227.
â€¢ Hao, Q. I. & Weiming, S. (2008). Implementing hybrid Simulation Model for Kanban- Based Material Handling System, Robotics and computer. Integrated Manufacturing, 24(5).
â€¢ Jodlbauer, H.J. & Tluber, A. ( 2008). Service Level Performance of MRP, Kanban, Cownwip and DBR due to Parameter Stability and Environ Mental Robustness.International Journal of Production research, 46 ( 8).
â€¢ Josep, T. A. (2009). Firmsâ€™s Stock Market Flotation: Effects on Inventory Policy. International Journal of Production Economics, 118.
â€¢ Kaneko, J., Nojiri, W. (2008). The Logistics of Just In Time between Parts Suppliers and Car Assemblers in Japan. Journal of Transport Geography, 16. (3), pp. 155-173. Japan.
â€¢ Kindary, K. (2010). The Logistics Role in Improve the Organization Competition: Study Case, Oras Organization. PhD Thesis:University of AlhajKhader. Batna. Aljera.
â€¢ Kniberg, H. (2009). Kanban Fcscrum, Scrps. Version 1.1 http:/ www.infg.com/minubooks/kanban-scrum-minibook.
â€¢ Kumar. V. 2010. JIT Quality Management, Concepts and Implications in Indian Context. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 2 (1), pp40-50. India.
â€¢ Kumar, B. S & Sampath, V. R. (2012). Garment Manufacturing through Lean Initiative. an empirical study on WIP Fluctuation in T- shirt production Unit. European Journal of Scientific Research, 73 (2), pp. 235- 244.
â€¢ Krisztina, D. & Matyusz, Z. (2010). The Impact of Lean Practices on Inventory Turnover. International Journal of Production Economics. J.IJPE, 133( 1), pp. 154-163.
â€¢ Li, B. & Yang, C. (2009) . Production Logistics System Based on Hybrid Push/ Pull Control. Strategy in Making- To- Order Environments. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, 5( 5).pp 1345-1350.
â€¢ Mahmod, S. (2011). Material Handling. Promote a Culture of Leadership in the Palestinian society.
â€¢ McMullen, T ( 1998). Introduction to the Theory of Constraints (TOC) Management System. Boca Raton, FL: St. Lucie Press.
â€¢ Monden, Y. (1983). Toyota Production System. Institute of Industrial Engineering. Athanta, GA.
â€¢ Momiwand, A., Shahin, A. (2012). Lead Time Improvement by Supplier Relation Management with a Case Study in Pompaj Company. World Applied Sciences Journal,16 (5). pp759-768.
â€¢ Obamiro, J. K. ( 2009). Exploring the Relationships Between Just In Time Technique and Manufacturing Performance: Empirical Evidence From Selected Nigerian Firms. Economic, Social, Political and cultural Problems of the Future Society(10).pp 165- 176.
â€¢ Sandamayake, Y., Gjoduoza, C.F. & Proverbs, D.G. (2008). A Systematic Modelling and Simulation Approach for JIT Performance Optimization, Robotics and Computer. Integrated Manufacturing, 24 (6).
â€¢ Sugimori, Y. A., Kusunokia, K., Cho, F. A & Uchikawa, S. (2007).Toyota Production System and Kanban System Materialization of Just-In-Time and Respect-for-Human System. International Journal of Production Research, 15(6), pp 553-564.
â€¢ Shahin, A. (2012). Lead Time Improvement by Supplier Relation MangementWith A Case Study in Pompaj Company. World Applied Sciences Journal. Vol 16 (5).
â€¢ Thurman, R. (2007). Purchasing Contracts in the Textile Industry: How Can Purchasing Contracts Decrease Subcontracts Risks and Reclamations in Textile Industry Company Instructor. Marita Toumala.
â€¢ Vedran, C., Hameri, A. & Weiss, L. A. (2009). On the Relationship between Inventory and Financial Performance in Manufacturing Companies. International Journal of Operating & Production Management, 29 (8): P 789- 806.
â€¢ Robert, O. & Donhauser, A. (2009). Disaggregate and Aggregate Inventory to Sales Rations Over Time: The Case of German Corporations 1993- 2005. Logistics Research, 1 (2).
â€¢ Ruhl, J ( 1997). Applying the Theory of Constraints to Enhance Profitability.â€Handbook of Cost Management. New York: Warren, Gorham and Lamont, pp. F5-1-F5-41.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.