Practicality and Effectiveness of Religious Moderation Learning Models: R&D Studies to Improve Students' Diversity Awareness
Keywords:Diversity Awareness, Religious Moderation, Akidah Akhlak Subjects.
This study aims to test the practicality and effectiveness of the religious moderation learning model on the subject of Akidah Akhlak class VIII Madrasah Tsanawiyah, to improve students' awareness of diversity. This research is an R&D research using the ADDIE model which consists of the stages of analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation. Some of the products produced are, learning model books; teacher's textbook; student textbooks; and lesson plan (RPP). This research was conducted on eighth grade students of Madrasah Tsanawiyah Muhammadiyah, Salaka, Takalar Regency, South Sulawesi, Indonesia. There were 17 students involved in this study. In addition, other participants who were also involved were a teacher in the Akidah Akhlak subject and one observer. The selection of participants was carried out using a purposive sampling technique with the aim of selecting participants who were in accordance with the considerations related to the research objectives. Data collection was carried out using student and teacher response questionnaires; model implementation observation sheet; and a student diversity awareness questionnaire. The data obtained were analyzed quantitatively by calculating scores to determine the practicality and effectiveness of the religious moderation learning model. The results showed that the religious moderation learning model was proven to be practical and effective so that it was feasible to use. With these findings, it is hoped that the Akidah Akhlak subject teacher can explore in the learning process to improve awareness of student diversity.
Alamsyah A, Awang Pawi A, Surinderpal, Tawakkal A. Journal Melayu Sedunia APM accepted 2019. 2019 Nov 1;Vol2:380–405.
Kementrian Agama. Arskal Salim Ajak Generasi Milenial Tangkal Radikalisme [Internet]. Kementerian Agama Repubik Indonesia. 2018 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. Available from: https://kemenag.go.id/read/arskal-salim-ajak-generasi-milenial-tangkal-radikalisme-rbkzv
Muthohar A. Ideologi Pendidikan Pesantren, Pesantren di tengah arus ideologi-ideologi pendidikan. Semarang: Pustaka Rizki Putra; 2007.
Futaqi S. Konstruksi Moderasi Islam (Wasathiyyah) dalam Kurikulum Pendidikan Islam. In: Proceedings of Annual Conference for Muslim Scholars [Internet]. Surabaya: Kopertais Wilayah IV Surabaya; 2018 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. p. 521–30. Available from: http://proceedings.kopertais4.or.id/index.php/ancoms/article/view/155
Rusmayani R. Penanaman Nilai-Nilai Moderasi Islam Bagi Siswa di Sekolah Umum. In: Proceedings of Annual Conference for Muslim Scholars [Internet]. Surabaya: Kopertais Wilayah IV Surabaya; 2018 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. p. 786–95. Available from: http://proceedings.kopertais4.or.id/index.php/ancoms/article/view/180
Horn H. What is Diversity. Texas State University: San Marcos; 2013.
Fong EH, Catagnus RM, Brodhead MT, Quigley S, Field S. Developing the Cultural Awareness Skills of Behavior Analysts. Behav Anal Pract. 2016 Mar;9(1):84–94.
Thomas Jr. RR. Diversity management: An essential craft for leaders. Leader to Leader. 2006;2006(41):45–9.
Cleverism. Diversity Awareness [Internet]. Cleverism. 2016 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. Available from: https://www.cleverism.com/skills-and-tools/diversity-awareness/
Santucci A. The performative foreign language classroom as a site of creative disruption. Research in Drama Education: The Journal of Applied Theatre and Performance. 2019 Jul 3;24(3):383–9.
Syifa MM. Formulasi Konsep Moderasi Islam M Mucharom Syifa. Jurnal Ilmiah Mahasiswa Raushan Fikr. 2019 Oct 5;8(1):10–10.
Atiqul Bariroh N: 16410043. KONSEP ISLAM WASATHIYYAH MENURUT M. QURAISH SHIHAB DAN RELEVANSINYA DENGAN MATERI PAI KELAS XI (ANALISIS BUKU WASATHIYYAH: WAWASAN ISLAM TENTANG MODERASI BERAGAMA KARYA M. QURAISH SHIHAB) [Internet] [skripsi]. UIN SUNAN KALIJAGA YOGYAKARTA; 2021 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. Available from: https://digilib.uin-suka.ac.id/id/eprint/47180/
Kementerian Agama Republik Indonesia. Kementerian Agama Repubik Indonesia [Internet]. Kementerian Agama Repubik Indonesia. 2019 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. Available from: https://www.kemenag.go.id/
Wahyudi D, Marwiyanti L. PENERAPAN MODEL PEMBELAJARAN INSIDE OUTSIDE CIRCLE DALAM MATA PELAJARAN AKIDAH AKHLAK. Jurnal MUDARRISUNA: Media Kajian Pendidikan Agama Islam. 2017 Dec 29;7(2):267–92.
Yanti SF, Tantoro S. PENGARUH PEMBELAJARAN AQIDAH AKHLAK TERHADAP PERILAKU SISWA DI MADRASAH ALIYAH NEGERI KAMPAR TIMUR. Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik. 2017 Jan 10;4(1):1–12.
Suryawati DP. Implementasi Pembelajaran Akidah Akhlak Terhadap Pembentukan Karakter Siswa di MTs Negeri Semanu Gunungkidul. Jurnal Pendidikan Madrasah. 2016 Dec 6;1(2):309–22.
Dick W, Carey L. The systematic design of instruction. 4th Ed. New York: Harper Collins; 1996.
Magdalena I, Mulyani F, Fitriyani N, Delvia AH. Konsep Dasar Evaluasi Pembelajaran Sekolah Dasar di SD Negeri Bencongan 1. PENSA. 2020 Apr 30;2(1):87–98.
Hall JC, Theriot M. Developing Multicultural Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills: Diversity Training Makes a Difference? Multicultural Perspectives. 2016 Jan 2;18:35–41.
Russell-Chapin L. How Do We Learn to Appreciate Each Other’s Differences? | Psychology Today [Internet]. Psychology Today. 2017 [cited 2022 Apr 6]. Available from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-waves/201702/how-do-we-learn-appreciate-each-others-differences
Dejanaz S, Dowd K. Interpersonal skilils in Organization. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006.
Hanapi MS. The Wasatiyyah (Moderation) Concept in Islamic Epistemology: A Case Study of its Implementation in Malaysia. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 2014;4(9):12.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Salman Salman, Syamsul Bachri Thalib, Abdul Haling
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.