A Componential Reduction to the Euler-Lagrange Equation Using Energy Structure Theory
Keywords:Euler-Lagrange equation; potential energy; energy structure equation; energy components; independent components; quasi-static path
The Euler-Lagrange equation can be used for a variety of the thermal processes from microscopic and macroscopic points of view [1-3]. In this case, the main challenge is calculating the potential energy using the Lagrangian density. Since the energy structure equation has the effects of the second law of thermodynamics as its base, in this paper, this equation is used as potential energy for the Euler-Lagrange equation. Since the energy structure equation has been presented based on the energy components as well as independent and dependent energy components concepts, therefore, a componential reduction to the Euler-Lagrange equation will be extracted. The resultant equation will be satisfied for all independent components activated in the performed process. Also, the resultant equation can be used to investigate different paths whenever the same amount of energy is applied to the system in different conditions. Also, a quasi-static path is used as a reference path.
T. Mengesha, Q. Du, Characterization of function spaces of vector fields and an application in nonlinear peridynamics, Nonlinear Anal. 140 (2016) 82–111.
S. Oterkus, E. Madenci, A. Agwai, Peridynamic thermal diffusion, J. Comput. Phys. 265 (2014) 71–96.
E. Madenci, E. Oterkus, Peridynamic theory and its applications, 17, Springer, 2014
S.A. Silling, R.B. Lehoucq, Convergence of peridynamics to classical elasticity theory, J. Elast. 93 (1) (2008) 13–37.
S.A. Silling, M. Epton, O. Weckner, J. Xu, E. Askari, Peridynamic states and constitutive modeling, J. Elast. 88 (2) (2007) 151–184.
Shahsavari, Saeed, et al. "A Note on the Energy Structure Theory and Development for 2D Viscoelasticity." Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (ISSN: 2321–0893) 9.1 (2021).
Shahsavari, Saeed. "On the Probability in General Physics from the Perspective of the Energy Structure." Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (ISSN: 2321–0893) 9.1 (2021).
Shahsavari, Saeed, Mehran Moradi, "A Study of the Entropy Production in Physical Processes from a New Perspective of the Energy Structure." Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (ISSN: 2321–0893) 8.6 (2020).
Shahsavari, Saeed, Mehran Moradi, and Morteza Esmaeilpour. "On the Irreversibility in Mechanical Systems Using a New Macroscopic Energy Structure Modeling." Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (ISSN: 2321–0893) 8.6 (2020).
Shahsavari, Saeed, Mehran Moradi, and Morteza Esmaeilpour. "On the Available Work Limits at Constant Heat and Entropy Production." Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (ISSN: 2321–0893) 8.6 (2020).
Shahsavari, Saeed, Mehran Moradi, " An Applied Component Modeling to the Irreversibility from a New Configurationally Perspective of the Statistical Physics." Asian Journal of Fuzzy and Applied Mathematics (ISSN: 2321 – 564X) 8.3 (2020).
Shahsavari, Saeed, Mehran Moradi, " Application of an Innovate Energy Balance to Investigate Viscoelastic Problems." Asian Journal of Engineering and Technology (ISSN: 2321 – 2462) 8.4 (2020).
Eu, Byung C. "Kinetic theory and irreversible thermodynamics." NASA STI/Recon Technical Report A 93 (1992).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Saeed Shahsavari, Pooya Torkaman
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.