Android Application "AYO ASI" Intervention in Increasing Breastfeeding Knowledge
Keywords:android application "AYO ASI", breastfeeding, knowledge
Background: Breast milk is a complex food because it contains complete nutrients. The average exclusive breastfeeding mother is only up to two months. This is influenced by a lack of mother's knowledge, support from health workers, sick mothers and promotion of formula milk. Mothers must be prepared for the process of breastfeeding their babies. Therefore, reliable media must be created to increase maternal knowledge so that it can support the success of breastfeeding. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of educational interventions through the android application media "Ayo ASI" on increasing maternal knowledge about breast milk
Methods: This study uses a quasi-experimental approach. the sample in this study were 35 respondents in the intervention group and 35 respondents for the group taken with the control of the purposive sampling method.
Results: Based on the Wilcoxon test at getting p-value 0,000, there is an effect of giving education through the Android application "AYO ASI" there is an increase in knowledge. Based on the results of the mann whithney test obtained p-value 0,000 so it can be concluded that there is a difference in increasing knowledge about ASI between the intervention group and the control group
Almatsier, S., Soetardjo, S. and Soekatri, M. (2011) â€˜Gizi seimbang dalam daur kehidupanâ€™, in Gizi seimbang dalam daur kehidupan. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, p. 2011.
Cernadas, J. et al. (2016) â€˜Maternal and Perinatal Factors Influencing the Duration of Exclusive Breastfeeding during the First Six Months of Lifeâ€™, Journal of Human Lactation, 19(2), pp. 136â€“144.
Hartini, S. (2014) Hubungan tingkat Pendidikan ibu dengan keberhasilan ASI Ekslusif pada bayi umur 6-12 bulan di Puskesmas Kasihan II Yogyakarta.
Helmi, M. (2010) â€˜Analisi hubungan pengtahuan , sikap ibu dan faktor lainnya terhadap pemberian ASI Ekslusif pada bayi Usia 0-12 bulan di wilayah kerja Puskesmas IV Koto Kinaliâ€™.
Indonesia, D. K. R. (2011) Pedoman Penyelenggaraan Pelatihan Konseling Menyusui dan Pelatihan Fasilitator Konseling Menyusui. Jakarta: Depkes RI.
Notoadmoho, S. (2014) â€˜Promosi Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilakuâ€™. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Riyanto, A. (2018) â€˜Aplikasi Metodologi penelitian kesehatanâ€™. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika.
Roesli, U. (2008) Inisiasi Menyusu Dini Plus ASI Eksklusif. Jakarta: Pustaka Bunda Grup.
Siregar, A. (2004) â€˜Faktor-faktor yang Mempengaruhi Pemberian ASI oleh Ibu Melahirkanâ€™, Universitas Sumatera Utara, p. 2004.
Suharti (2009) â€˜Pengaruh Penyuluhan dan Pelatihan Teknik Menyusui terhadap Pengetahuan dan Ketrampilan Ibu Nifasâ€™, 98(Maret), p. 95760. Available at: http://isjd.pdii.lipi.go.id/admin/jurnal/98mar095760.pdf.
Suiroka, I. and Supariasa (2012) Media Pendidikan Kesehatan. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
Suradi, R. (2011) Indonesia Menyusui. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
Utari, M. and Tobing, C. (2012) Keberhasilan Menyusui pada ibu Postpartum di Rumah Bersalin Delima Tembung Breastfeeding Problems and Duration. Universitas Sumatera Utara.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.