Hunting Admissible Kneading pairs of a Real Rational Map
Keywords:Symbolic Dynamics, Real Rational Maps, Kneading Theory
The importance of symbolic systems is that they give us the possibility of simplifying some dynamical systems. Our expectations is that our work can help to understand better the behavior, under iteration, of the Real Rational Map, f(x)=(xÂ²-a)/(xÂ²-b), with 0<b<a<1. Kneading Theory is a powerful tool, and we use it to simplify processes arising from the complicated behavior of this map in a more simple way. In this work we establish some rules that bound regions where we can find, or not, Kneading pairs for f(x).
Adler, R.L., â€œSymbolic dynamics and Markov partitions. Bull.Amer.Math. Soc.â€, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 1-56,1998
Cabral, J., â€œSymbolic Dynamics for Real Rational Mapsâ€, Asian Journal of Fuzzy and Applied Mathematics, Vol.1, no. 4, December 2013.
Marcus, B., â€œSymbolic dynamics and connections to coding theory, automata theory and system theoryâ€, In Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics, vol. 50, pp. 95-108. 1995
Martins N., Severino R., and Sousa Ramos J., â€œIsentropic real cubic mapsâ€, Internat. J. Bifur. Chaos Appl. Sci. Engr., vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1701-1709,2001.
Milnor J., Thurston W., â€œOn iterated maps of the intervalâ€, In Dynamical Systems proc. Univ. Maryland 1986-87, pp. 465-563, Lect. Notes in Math., Springer-Verlag, 1988.
Ramos, C. Correia, â€œRepresentaÃ§Ãµes, Ãlgebras C* e TransformaÃ§Ãµes do intervaloâ€, Phd Thesis, Technical University of Lisbon, 2006
Sousa Ramos, J. â€œHiperbolicidade e BifurcaÃ§Ã£o de Sistemas SimbÃ³licosâ€, Phd Thesis, Technical University of Lisbon, 1989
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.